123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Humorous and Interesting Post Archives
 Background checks - GLBA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2014 :  03:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BackGround Check

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.
Go to Top of Page

California
1 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2014 :  5:05:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What does BGC stand for??
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  06:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LindaH:
Interested to hear the opinion of the "powers that be" here - since we're Certified Signings Agents through 123Notary.com (and thank you -I'm getting numerous calls as a result of this listing) - where do you stand on this Background Check issue. Your opinion as to its relevance to us, its necessity under federal law (GLB Act) - do you agree with NNA's viewpoint..etc..etc.. Inquiring minds want to know!!..:)

Renee:
From what I have been able to piece together through rather extensive researching, my own OPINION is:

* A security protocol should be put in order, actually typed and kept on hand AND followed, in regards to securing borrower information that you are provided access to.

* At this point, anything beyond that doesn't seem to have been mandated that applies directly to us, by any government entity - and if it has, nobody seems to be able to confirm that.

* If the lending/title industry is preparing to include us within their own sweep of security protocol (which makes logical sense), they WILL have to inform us. (I have been advised by one major client - Stewart - and I did allow them to perform their own, and yes I did even PAY for it, as it was definitely insignificant in comparison to the regular income I receive from them.)

* I, like so many, was initially unaware of the true role the NNA plays in the NSA industry. I have since become far more aware, and have not/will not renew any membership with them. (Yes, I still have to get the affiliation off my website ...) I absolutely will not allow the NNA to be involved in any way with my own BGC's. I will not support the organization, nor will I support their attempt to monopolize the situation.

* I am thrilled and ready to support the BGC protocol that was presented by Notary Rotary, and would be thrilled to see other options become available as well.

* It is this whole BGC issue, and the larger picture that it illustrates, that brings me to this board today to post - and to begin regular participation. Supporting the entities that SUPPORT our business is, I realize, my/our responsibility. I enjoy more business from my listing here on 123 than from any other listing site - and board participation furthers the 'shared' success.

Naplesnsa:
Renee, thanks for taking the bull by the horns on this issue on 123Notary. I don't get over to this site very often, although I respect and admire the forum Jeremy has set up here :)
Please feel free to quote my N/R posts with regard to the GLB Act and BGC information, if you wish. I would like to keep the information circulating throughout our community, and you're doing a banner job here :) Thanks again, Renee!
Lisa P
[quote]Originally posted by Renee

From what I have been able to piece together through rather extensive researching, my own OPINION is:
.... end

Lee - AR:
The 12/1/06 'deadline' for BGCs has passed and, to date, I have been asked for a BGC by 3 SS, for whom I've never worked. Every one of them agreed to accept the BGC I have--due to having had 3 BGCs done & paid for by the co. requesting same. So far, tho' I work for 4 of the Big 5, even they have NOT asked for a BGC.
The GLBA was passed in 1999. This is nothing more than a way for the NNA to use scare tactics to market something that makes a profit for them.
As many employers today (factories, offices, anywhere, any field) want a BGC on people they hire, most, if not all, states have BGCs in place for that use. I recently had a 4th BGC done which included a Livescan Fingerprint run thru the FBI & State Police BGC done that cost $26.95. There are options available & you should check them out in your state.

Carmen:
Yes Jeremy that is what it means. FYI, it references the Grahmm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA).
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.