123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Newbie & Mentoring Section
 Rules for this section - must read
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnysam

California
20 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  9:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit johnysam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Forums are considered a discussion corner. Anybody can become a forum member and take a topic and discuss about any issue.
Go to Top of Page

servicio

Tennessee
3 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  6:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that was the first time a post ever went through for me! I really was expecting to get rejected again. But I am going to stay and roam around for awhile. Let's see what I can get into....mmmmmm

Notaries Galor
Servicio Int'l
866-400-5342
Go to Top of Page

Diedra.holley

Texas
20 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  5:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Diedra.holley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, you posted here, so you're logged in for sure. What else are you having an issue with? perhaps we can help. When I login to the site, I am automatically logged into the forum. Are you talking about the forum boxes or the main login boxes?

DD

quote:
Originally posted by servicio

I am confused a lot of the time... that said this site does not help me and I tried to join several years ago and it would not even let me request a login. Lots of folders and Why is my login and password always in the box. I know I can authorize my computer to remember me but not like that. I never know how to join in and negotiate the site so I just leave. Everything seems to be cluttered and I get frustrated.

Notaries Galor
Servicio Int'l
866-400-5342

Notary
Signing Agent
Author
Single mother
Go to Top of Page

servicio

Tennessee
3 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  5:29:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am confused a lot of the time... that said this site does not help me and I tried to join several years ago and it would not even let me request a login. Lots of folders and Why is my login and password always in the box. I know I can authorize my computer to remember me but not like that. I never know how to join in and negotiate the site so I just leave. Everything seems to be cluttered and I get frustrated.

Notaries Galor
Servicio Int'l
866-400-5342
Go to Top of Page

Diedra.holley

Texas
20 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  3:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Diedra.holley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am a newbie and I actually have a question or two. I have seen other postings but none have answered the questions.

Fingerprinting: I know a TX notary cannot do this (other than the print in their journal)in their notary capacity, but it is something I would like to do separately. How do I get started on something like this, either LiveScan or ink prints.

Site Inspections: I just added site inspections to my list of services, is there anything I need to know about this before I go much further?

Officiate weddings: Texas Notaries, in their notary capactity, are not authorized to officiate weddings. I, however, have been ordained for years and this is a service I would like to add to my list. Can anyone perhaps tell me what paperwork I am looking at doing as the officiant of a wedding?

Thanks in advance.

Diedra/TX

Call me first and consider it done...
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  08:31:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lets all keep in mind that the Forum is an open to all - free service. I went on an "Answers to your questions" site when I needed to know something about my car. After posting my question; I was asked for my credit card info to pay the person who will answer!

Your post was not viewed as "crabby" - without feedback from participants at all skill levels; Jeremy would not know where to focus his attention. We value your opinion and hope to hear more from you.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

windycitynotary

Illinois
19 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  11:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit windycitynotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes I imagine it's because people are lazy and don't want to search for the proper place to add their post, sure, but maybe some threads could be merged? Probably a pain in the butt to do that too!
quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

quote:
Originally posted by windycitynotary

I hear what you're saying Jeremy and that makes sense, maybe it could be more basic in the NEWBIE section? Maybe my comment was more with a view as to why new people don't use the forum(?)This is a difficult, dodgy business to learn. However, my comments about tons of threads on the same topic, postings in the wrong threads, and just the enormity of the forum stand I think. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

I can agree with what you say about multiple threads on one subject, but you can't lay that on Jeremy. Unfortunately, that's a result of people just posting "off the cuff" so to speak without searching first for the subject of their post and adding to existing threads.

I, personally, have not had problems navigating this site, especially after Jeremy introduced the "active topics" link. It's all pretty simple, IMO.

Stick with it - it will be worth your while..:)

Linda
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  3:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by windycitynotary

I hear what you're saying Jeremy and that makes sense, maybe it could be more basic in the NEWBIE section? Maybe my comment was more with a view as to why new people don't use the forum(?)This is a difficult, dodgy business to learn. However, my comments about tons of threads on the same topic, postings in the wrong threads, and just the enormity of the forum stand I think. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

I can agree with what you say about multiple threads on one subject, but you can't lay that on Jeremy. Unfortunately, that's a result of people just posting "off the cuff" so to speak without searching first for the subject of their post and adding to existing threads.

I, personally, have not had problems navigating this site, especially after Jeremy introduced the "active topics" link. It's all pretty simple, IMO.

Stick with it - it will be worth your while..:)

Linda
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

windycitynotary

Illinois
19 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  2:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit windycitynotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  1:58:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Windy City Notary,
Our forum is a little strange at first. There are many features and filters. Newbies post very little here, although I think it would be good if they posted more and if the more experienced people would answer their questions.

The seasoned members on this site discuss signing companies and also interesting notary topics. If you do this job full time for many years, you may eventually experience many of the more "obscure" topics that are discussed here. Also, if notaries discussed every day issues, it would be boring. The point here, is to have new and exciting topics for discussion which need to have something unusual about them.

To start out with, taking a loan signing course will teach you the basics, and reading what other notaries have to say will give you some street knowledge. You will NOT learn the basics on a forum. This is for comparing experiences and points of view for the most part.

Go to Top of Page

windycitynotary

Illinois
19 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  1:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit windycitynotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeremy I am a newbie and find the entire forum pretty hard to use, it's really bloated and convoluted with tons of duplicate threads (for instance, I look up "Nations Direct" and there are like 6 different headlines with all kind of old posts) and there seem to be like 100 categories etc. Also, it seems like the "old pros" do a lot of talking to each other personally and are having conversations on very specific topics that I have doubts I'll ever encounter in the rather general signing agent stuff I am doing and want to do. I do refis, short sales, structured settlements, and that seems to be all that I get calls for. A little attorney work with estate docs. I would LOVE to be able to open this forum and have 10 categories like FEES, COMPANY REVIEWS, LAWS, QUESTIONS, NEWS, GRIPES, and whatnot and be able to have conversations in really clearly titled and defined threads. The tangents are unhelpful. Sorry to be so crabby but as a new signing agent in a very dodgy business, I have had to really light my brain on fire to get going in it, and have learned some serious lessons really, really fast lol.....
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2011 :  1:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am sad to say that few newbies ever ask questions on this forum. There are many seasoned notaries who come here who can answer the questions. The unfortunate part is that our most experienced notaries only visit when they visit, so you might have to wait for a good answer.

Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2011 :  08:18:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for posting this thread. Every Notary on this board must remember what it was like for them when they first began their endeavor. I remember my first signing on Christmas day 15 years ago and was on eggshells the entire time.

Unfortunately, back then I did not have anywhere to go if I had questions and their was no one to teach me the ins and outs of the business. Even though I knew what the documents were I was petrified that I would botch the signing; however, everything went perfect.

Newbies are just as eager as those more experienced. Thanks to Jeremy seasoned Notaries have a terrific opportunity to see to it that baby Notaries learn the ropes properly and get the best information possible to advance to the next level. Being rude or insubordinate is unprofessional. You certainly would not treat the borrowers badly. Professionalism is of the utmost importance and that includes everyone in your group from lenders, borrowers, and other Notaries. After all, you got to where you are so give someone else a chance. You may not be Notarizing documents forever as I have since discovered. Someone needs to do this job.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2010 :  5:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Per the request of our mentors, we request that those who wish to put in their two cents worth treat the beginners with the ultimate of respect. Please do not say anything disrespectful, mean, insulting, or inconsiderate. If we find anyone's response to be rude, we will strongly consider removing such a profile from our forum. Just remember, that you once were a beginner yourself!

Responses to posts in this section must ONLY be ones that answer the original question, and not ones that go on tangents, etc. The purpose here is ONLY to answer newcomers' questions. Thanks!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.