123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 Why do Notaries avoid Structured Settlements?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2017 :  11:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your fee generally (in my experience) comes directly out of the agents pocket. You are not dealing with a "company". These are ALWAYS prepaid or rejected by me. It's just not worth the time it takes to collect.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

BerylG

Florida
5 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  03:13:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did an assignment on September 9, 2017 and struggling to get my payment for them. Scanned documents back and it is like I fell of the face of the map. I have e-mailed 3 times and was left hanging on the phone and finally sent to voicemail. I will avoid them in the future

Beryl Butler
Go to Top of Page

KHSTjudi

Washington
34 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2016 :  04:12:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will do them, but with conditions: I have a minimum fee, and I always want the location before agreeing. If the location seems suspicious to me, I ask the scheduler to hang on while I find it on Google Maps. During the confirmation call, I always ask the signer if they have received their settlement forms, and advise them to have the forms completed before I arrive. Of course, I remind them not to sign anything; however, if they have, I have the doc package with me and can replace as necessary. In this way, I don't end up at a bar or derelict property, and I don't wait as often while the signer struggles over complicated forms. That said, they are not on my top 10 things I'd rather do.
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2016 :  05:10:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will do them, but need to get a very good fee. While there's less paperwork than a refi, a lot of info has to be handwritten in by the signer and that takes TIME; plus often they have to find the paperwork with the info required. I do feel that these can be a godsend for some, but make no mistake, the cost is very high. Some are horrible; some not so bad. Just be sure that you are paid full fee regardless of whether or not they complete the signing or it is approved (and get it in writing) as once they see what the costs are, some will refuse to complete it.

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2016 :  04:37:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did 4 structured settlement signings before I decided they were just not worth the aggravation; my first one took me 4 hours - 2 hours travel and 2 hours at the table - and the company paid only for the notarizations; none of the packages were completed (signers had to do it at the table, hence 2 hours at the table while they dug up info) - a couple of them were "shopping" their deals to try to get the best one and they weren't even sure they wanted to sign; one lady called after the fact and told me not to drop the package as she'd changed her mind cuz her son would KILL her for doing it (she sold of $90k in funds for $47k) and her attorney told her she was nuts to sign it....I also heard from her attorney not to drop the package, who I promptly referred to the settlement company and the package got dropped, as was my duty.

Mine have all been nightmares and I just now refuse to put myself through this for the paltry fees offered. Now, if the companies want to send the paperwork to the client, go over it with them on the phone then have the client find a notary, I'll be happy to help.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny

Georgia
45 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2016 :  6:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not avoid or turn down notary assignments regarding Structured Settlements or Lost Funds. I had one awful experience of a non-paying company (Dagaloo LLC -Andre Johnson- out of Bloomington, Minnesota. The check is in the mail story got old. Mainstreet Settlement Funding and Seneca One are excellent companies. Another excellent company is U.S. Lost Funds in California. Ray Newby is the person there who pays attention to his clients, works hard for them, and gets quick payments for them. He always lets me know when he has successfully found money for the people and mailed them a check. I've enjoyed working with him and meeting with the various folks that he has helped. /Penny

/Penny Henritze
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2016 :  11:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I heard that many Notaries avoid doing deals for Structured Settlements. Is this because the deals are sometimes a little unreasonable? Or something else?

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.