123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Signing Stream - New Agency
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 3 people liked this post.2 people disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Washington
6 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2018 :  10:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DO NOT WORK FOR THEM Signing Stream agrees to a fee then a month later they call and say we are not making enough on this file can you take less? I said NO and then when they sent the check they deducted 15 and said I didn't fax pack and didn't let them know it was closed. This was not mentioned when they asked for me to reduce my fee. This has happened twice!!

k rew
Go to Top of Page

Doris_CO

Colorado
148 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  3:04:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Pepebird, How horrible for the first notary! First of all, I've never heard of a company hiring someone to go to the home of the first notary to "find" the docs. Secondly, once you told them the outcome of your visit, that should have been the end of it. They should pay you and then get on with what they need to do, which is actually up to the lender, not the signing company. This has to be a new LOW for any signing service.

You don't state whether you're a Notary Public Signing Agent or not. If you are, please do research on a new company before you complete the assignment. In this case, Signing Stream has been messing with other notaries for years and if you read the previous comments, you'll see how bad they are.
Go to Top of Page

Pepebird

Michigan
2 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  11:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do not do business with this company. In my case, they do not pay their bills, they are dishonest. They called me and asked me yo go to their notaries house and see if I could find what she did with the package that she closed, they were to pay me $50.00 to go there. I went to the house, talked to her son, he searched the house and could not find a package. She was in the hospitable, she had had an emergency open heart surgery. I called them back, left them the info and they began calling me up to 5 times a day for over a week. That was on Feb. 10, 2017. Thuis is what I am getting from them when I asked to be paid 2 months later

Thanks for contacting us about your payment. Your signing was on 2/10/17. We typically receive payment from our lenders 45 to 60 days after a signing has been completed. Once we receive payment, it takes a few days to process and mail your check. When your check is mailed out, you will receive a pending payment confirmation email stating your check will be delivered within 3 to 5 business days. If you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks,

Derek|Accounting

THEY WILL NOTPAY THEIR BILLS

Pam Boshears
Go to Top of Page

ledgar

California
1 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2017 :  7:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Signing Stream is a horrible company. Payments from this company run about 60 -90 days in arrears. In addition to their fees being the lowest out there, they take automatic deductions ($5-$15) from your fees when they do eventually pay. They swear that they haven't rec'd my fax-backs when I have the fax log to prove that it went through. I'm not sure if it's worthwhile to take them to court for all the reductions but I think that's what they bank on....that you won't do anything about the fee reductions or non-payment. Then they have the audacity to ask for me to reduce my fees for completed assignments in order to receive a payment of the money they currently owe. Ugh! I am so done with them! It appears that they lost their contract with Cash Call as the only signing they have called with lately are for Loan Depot. I think they got in trouble after the notaries started calling Cash Call about their money. They actually make the notaries sign a contract stating that they will not talk bad about them! That should have been my first clue! I have told them I will NEVER work for them again!
Go to Top of Page

catmama47

81 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2017 :  08:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit catmama47's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WHAT A JOKE!

Someone named Isiah left a voice mail message yesterday and I responded this morning.

When I asked about their fee, I was told they pay ONLY $55! I LITERALLY LAUGHED AT THEM!

I told them their fee was TOO LOW AND INSULTING to any experienced notaries in the area.

The associate told me that they do "negotiate," what a joke!

I've also read some of the reviews about this company.

I'll simply DECLINE their requests.

Go to Top of Page

Cathy

Arkansas
16 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  11:31:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cathy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They just called me to meet someone at the state line, about 30 miles from me or so. Standard refinance, edocs, FULL fax back. $55. Since it was a distance, they offered $10 more. I said "No way", and laughed. She wanted to know my fee. I offered $125, which seems more than reasonable to me. She shrieked, that was really high. Apparently, they can't get anyone to do it, this makes the third day they have been after me to do it. They sent me texts all weekend. Their pay is ridiculously low.

Cathy Minor
Go to Top of Page

Notary_Narayan

New Jersey
32 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2017 :  07:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
STAY AWAY !! Don't even answer phones, unless you like to be insulted and slapped.

They Dont Pay , Then They deduct ridiculous fees and pay after 90 days. U might as well find work elsewhere. Dont be desperate and get connned.

They call me for a reverse mortgage, and ask for fax backs with $55 for the entire signing. I told the lady , If She is kidding and told her my fee is $150.
Reverse mortgage packages are "YUUGGE". They are so huge, that it is unbelievable. :)

She then back tracked and offered $125. I had told them to have me removed from their website and emails. Now they started calling me.

Go to Top of Page

kmbshoward

California
1 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2016 :  09:12:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same story - different notary. Trying to renegotiate my fee from $75 to $70 because I didn't do fax backs. Had a previous call asking me to reduce my "regular" fee to $70 because they have a lot of business in my area and that I would get more calls - they are sequenced starting with the lowest fee. I told them all new clients happily pay $100 for a standard refinance with no fax backs.

Karen M. Howard
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2016 :  11:10:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The caller ID said Signing Stream so I did not expect much. Well, they did not disappoint. It's 10AM tomorrow, "about" 130 pages, will require "about" 20 pages fax back. Our lender approved a fee of $55

I asked "Are you serious?", she said "I don't understand" - I said "Thank You for calling" and pushed the red button.

Another entry for the Android "Extreme Call Blocker" list.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

yrodeo11

Montana
3 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2016 :  08:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did a full loan signing with fax backs on 4/30/16, and had a similar experience. I have not yet been paid, but did get a call about a week ago, asking me to reduce my fee and that they do a lot of work in my area. Ha! I don't fall for that. What irks me is that the fee was agreed upon, and over a month later, they try to negotiate me down. I explained that I do NOT negotiate my fees, and that you get what you pay for. I am now waiting for my check, and after reading the comments below, I am sure I won't get it anytime soon. Wish I had read the comments on this company sooner. After their phone call, I had already made the decision not to take another assignment. Your comments have cemented that decision for me.
Go to Top of Page

available1234

Colorado
28 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2016 :  04:41:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
everything that is posted regarding this Company is true. I have never worked for them before and never again. I knew they were a new Company, but they are cheap. The first time they called and it was for a Lady who lives 7 and 1/2 miles from me. Nothing was mentioned regarding fax backs. This was cancelled after I had accepted it probably within the hour. That was ok, but then the Company called back and I said well I am not busy. Then this Rep said I knew that you do such a good job. Then he proceeds to tell me that I would have to do it for the original fee which he claims that I agreed to do a full Loan package of 160 pages for $75.00, I said I don't think that the amount was what I agreed upon. You never said how many pages this was going to be. I told you how many pages to start with. I said this undercuts every Notary around this area. He said we don't get paid much so you agreed that you would do it for that. I said I don't remember your saying there were faxback either. Now not only are there Faxbacks but you are suppose to get this package to Fed-x or UPS within 4 hours after the signing has taken place. I said well. None of them are open after 6PM and this signing won't start until 5PM. I said I will do this for what you said I agreed upon, but I am marking you off my regular list and putting you at the top of the List of Do Not Work for this Company. I am not sure who the Bank is that is footing the Loan. I am sure they will find something wrong with how this goes down. They must be a bunch of real Dead Beats! So I am not looking to get paid very fast and from now on I will check the company out before I do this again. I thought this Industry got rid of these types of fly by night Companies, apparently this one has gone under the radar.

Audrey Jane Spaulding

Edited by - available1234 on 04/02/2016 06:55:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

overquailified1

Nevada
23 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2016 :  08:47:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit overquailified1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These people are the worst. Very low pay, slow pay and high expectations for reporting status over and over again. Never again
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  1:17:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please tell me that's $60 for a one or two document signing and NOT a loan signing..

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie

California
1 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  11:30:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will not take assignments from this company. They have continually deducted $5.00 off of my $60.00 fee, which included faxbacks. Each time they have some excuse why they are deducting from my fees.
Bad signing co. to work for. They also take over 60 days for payment.

T. Scarpelli
Go to Top of Page

StamfordNotary2

Connecticut
5 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2015 :  07:50:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit StamfordNotary2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have finally been paid, so I can now post my experience. The short version is: I will not do a signing for this company again unless I get paid in advance.

Roland called me from SigningStream in August 2015 for a same-day closing. I read the reviews here about long delays in payment, and then told Roland that I would take the job only if he could guarantee I would be paid within 30 days. He assured me that he could, so I dropped everything, printed out the hundreds of pages they sent (as seven different documents), and headed to the signing at the customer's home.

Half an hour into the signing, the doorbell rang. It was a local attorney who had also had been hired to conduct the signing, and had a complete set of documents with her!

I finished the signing and made the necessary report (you must report signing complete within 1 hour) and faxbacks.

30 days went by and no payment. I contacted Roland and he said he didn't know why there was a delay, but payment would be made soon. This turned out to be incorrect.

I continued to follow up weekly, and signingstream continued to say that the check would be mailed "very soon." Each time I was told this, it was untrue.

Finally, 63 days after the closing, I got a call from someone at SigningStream saying that my fee was too high. The caller said they don't normally pay that much and asked me to justify why my fee was so high. I could not believe that after they kept me waiting more than two months for payment, they were calling to question the fee that they had agreed to for the same-day signing! I simply explained that that is my minimum fee for a signing with faxbacks. After this phone call, it still took another ten days after that to receive the check.

I won't do another signing for them unless I get paid ahead of time.

Edited by - StamfordNotary2 on 10/28/2015 08:03:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

egw91145

Florida
62 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2015 :  06:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have rceived a couple calls from these people offering $60 for a closing. I couldn't help but laugh in the poor girl's ear. I negitiated it up to $85 was then told there would be fax-backs to check my work. Told them no thanks, and that they might be better off looking for novice notaries and to leave me alone.

EGW
Go to Top of Page

cpmorgan

California
2 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2015 :  02:25:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpmorgan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very bad experience. Did a closing for them 2 months ago. The Lender was "Cash Call" Mortgage. Called to demand payment and was told they are still waiting to be paid by their lender. Contacted "Cash Call Mortgage" and was told they paid Signing Stream over a month ago. Signing Stream does not pay and obviously has serious financial problems that causes them to float the notary's fees like they do. I personally recommend that you DO NOT accept any signings from this company as you will have to fight for your fee. Look closely and you will see that they operate exactly like a Ponzi Scheme. They use current signing fees paid by lenders to pay the oldest and most vocal "past-due" signing fees owed.

CPMorgan
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2015 :  12:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dan,
Check out the Can-Spam Act. They can be required to pay $250 PER email once you invoke your rights.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2015 :  10:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
how many times do I have to tell them not to call me again. Called again wanting an evening appt. for double loan package, 18 miles away, that they want to pay 60. each for. print 2 sets, fax backs etc. Of course they promised large volume of work- a promise I used to fall for 17 years ago, never is true anyway. I told them even if they did give me huge volume, it isn't worth running myself ragged for and making nothing on it. WE ARE NOT RETAILERS SELLING PENCILS OR GOODS BY THE DOZEN OR THE GROSS- WE ARE OFFERING HIGH QUALITY SERVICE EVERY TIME, THIS IS NOT DISCOUNTED.
Go to Top of Page

BigJoe52

Massachusetts
8 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2015 :  07:33:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish to say that I have never had a good experience with Loan-Closers and now that they have gone to this new payroll system, it has gotten worse. TWICE I have had fees posted to my bank account for stop payment on their end. I am done with them
quote:
Originally posted by BigJoe52

quote:
Originally posted by lcox60

Since when is it acceptable for payment to be made in less than 60 days? 45 is max it should go, they get paid within 30 days, matter of fact, I would reason that they get paid as soon as the loan disburses, then they hold our money for what? 60 days is too long to wait for payment.

quote:
Originally posted by carnwadrick

Reading all these posts I am thinking they must be talking about another company because I have had nothing but good experience with the Signing Stream that I regularly receive 10 - 15 assignments per month and usually get paid in less than 60 days. Sure some docs are not ready on time but that is the lenders fault and maybe it would nice if the Scheduler called the borrower instead of leaving it up to the Notary but personally I prefer to take that task so I can adjust my schedule and not lose the assignment.
Gordon@mobilenotary1.com

Joseph W. White

Joseph W. White
Go to Top of Page

BigJoe52

Massachusetts
8 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2015 :  07:30:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lcox60

Since when is it acceptable for payment to be made in less than 60 days? 45 is max it should go, they get paid within 30 days, matter of fact, I would reason that they get paid as soon as the loan disburses, then they hold our money for what? 60 days is too long to wait for payment.

quote:

Reading all these posts I am thinking they must be talking about another company because I have had nothing but good experience with the Signing Stream that I regularly receive 10 - 15 assignments per month and usually get paid in less than 60 days. Sure some docs are not ready on time but that is the lenders fault and maybe it would nice if the Scheduler called the borrower instead of leaving it up to the Notary but personally I prefer to take that task so I can adjust my schedule and not lose the assignment.
Gordon@mobilenotary1.com

Joseph W. White
Go to Top of Page

lcox60

Illinois
22 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2015 :  10:52:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:

Gordon@mobilenotary1.com

Go to Top of Page

ValleyNotary

California
9 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  5:30:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never pay an application fee! You should never pay to apply for employment. They are just ripping you off.

quote:
Originally posted by mariabakies

They are requesting a $50 application fee from me to sign up with them? Anyone do this?

Go to Top of Page

mariabakies

Connecticut
42 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  5:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are requesting a $50 application fee from me to sign up with them? Anyone do this?

Go to Top of Page

ValleyNotary

California
9 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  4:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does Missy Dobbs work here? Because if she does, I'm definitely not signing up with them!
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2013 :  1:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was sent an inquiry email by this new agency on a job in my area. They asked for my fee. Has anyone had any experiences with them? I generally don't take on new agencies this way.

Their info:

Signing Stream, Inc.
Attn: Notary Signing Requests
P.O. Box 4349
Huntington Beach, CA 92605

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.