123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 Addresses & Zipcodes in our listings.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  12:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, since anyone can buy out their entire state or zips in anyplace they're willing to pay for looks like I'm out of luck having the opportunity to get a top spot in my own zip. I see no reason to upgrade, since Anytown and Timbuktoo (different zip code and/or county) will always show up above me. Thanks for the clarification, Renee and CooperheadVA.
Go to Top of Page

Renee

Michigan
549 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  03:15:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, exactly how those SS's I mentioned managed to get top spots across the entire state. Bought/paid for.
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  4:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that you can purchase other zipcodes - even if you are not actually in that zip code. I may be wrong but I think that's how it works.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  4:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
I understand about paying for the top spot and seniority. For example, if there are five spots in my zip code and 3 people have already paid for the top three spots, my options would be spot 4 and then someone would come along and pay for spot 5. If the person in spot 1 resigned their placement it could be offered to persons in spots 2 and 3. If they say "no thanks" then I'd have the opportunity to pay for spot 1. If I say no thanks, then the person in spot 5 would be given the opportunity to pay for spot 1. That part I understand.

What I cannot understand is why it is that I put in my own zip code, and what pops up above me is Timbuktoo, 20 miles from me and not in my zip code. OR why Anytown, which is in a different county altogether is even listed along with my zip code? A company who has a client in Upland, CA and is looking for a Notary in Upland, CA will put in my zip code 91786, then must wade past 7 names to get to me. How can I pay for a higher placement if Timbuktoo and Anytown show up above me in my zip code? Because of this I am hesistant to upgrade.
Go to Top of Page

Renee

Michigan
549 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  11:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Best to give Carmen a call about it. It's a bit complicated, involves seniority and how many people actually want to pay for top spots in any given area. It used to be here in MI that the top couple positions pretty much across the state were taken by two signing services - and I've no doubt it cost them a fortune. Both are gone now, and I've managed to snag first place in my territory - not exactly cheap, but worth every dime. It took me a few years to work my way up (others with more seniority had to decline to pay for those slots, first).
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  5:32:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wondering how the zip code feature here works. Typically, when someone does a zip code search, the actual city of that zip code appears first, then those listed in zip codes nearest that one show up next, in order of distance as it gets farther from the subject zip code. That's how I suppose it should be.

Why is it that here, on 123notary, a zip code is entered and other cities show up above it? I'm considering upgrading but I would expect to be listed in a top spot in my zip code, not to have a dozen other people - in cities not my own - show up above me for my own zip code. I noticed my listing was moved from 4th or 5th place to 8th place and none of the people above me are in my zip code.

Edited by - Lisa T. on 06/15/2009 5:35:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  02:17:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can email me your mailing address to info@123notary.com and I'll add it as a secondary address. Just say,

"My mailing address is : xzy
Please add that to my listing in the mailing address section"

Go to Top of Page

NCLisa

North Carolina
14 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2009 :  4:26:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit NCLisa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My zipcode at my home office is 27519 which I want to use for the zipcode search. My mailing address and overnight delivery address is to an office in downtown Raleigh, 27601 where someone calls me to tell me docs are down there.

Why can't you set this up so we have the address the zip code search uses and our mailing addresses/overnight addresses? I had this same problem with the PO Box I still have, it was in a different zip code.

Some of us don't want to publish our home address on here. I don't want strange people knocking on my door at all hours for notary service. I'd prefer not to make my home address public knowledge. I already get mail at the office from some guy that has been abducted by aliens several time, imagine if he knew where I lived?

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.