123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Has anyone had a bad experience with...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

srosales1

Illinois
8 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2018 :  2:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Signing Carolina/Frank Modica will gladly throw notaries under the bus and cheat us on fees! He is very rude and insulting about it and does not care about reality.

Steve/IL
Go to Top of Page

Indiana
16 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2015 :  12:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FLnotary1

PREMIER SIGNING SERVICE, Reynoldsburg Ohio, Scam Artists, no-pay complaints on 123Notary and Notary Cafe. They don't pay.

I filed a complaint with the Ohio Attny General, letter came today saying their attempts to contact Premier have failed.
I filed a internet fraud complaint with Internet Crime Complaint Center. (IC3).
I tried to file a Police Report with Reynoldsburg Police, they refer me to Columbus Police, line is always busy.
If any Ohio notary is interested in small claims court action to bring this repeat offender up in from of a judge, please take copies of all the complaints you can print, maybe he will charge Mickey with felony theft.

I have tried to get payment from them for a closing I did back in 12/29/2014.. 2014... 2014 for $150.00 call me on 317 698-1155

Go to Top of Page

FLnotary1

Florida
11 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2015 :  08:18:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PREMIER SIGNING SERVICE, Reynoldsburg Ohio, Scam Artists, no-pay complaints on 123Notary and Notary Cafe. They don't pay.

I filed a complaint with the Ohio Attny General, letter came today saying their attempts to contact Premier have failed.
I filed a internet fraud complaint with Internet Crime Complaint Center. (IC3).
I tried to file a Police Report with Reynoldsburg Police, they refer me to Columbus Police, line is always busy.
If any Ohio notary is interested in small claims court action to bring this repeat offender up in from of a judge, please take copies of all the complaints you can print, maybe he will charge Mickey with felony theft.

Go to Top of Page

DGutz01

California
7 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2015 :  07:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done a lot of work with Watermark, and they were truly amazing to work with.

I was their number one, go to, notary in the area, for several years. I was told this many times by the gals in the office that would call me with signings, or text me with signings if I was unable to answer my phone.

Then one day the calls just stopped. At first I thought maybe work slowed down a bit. However, after several months and still no work, I contacted them. In a two year time period I contacted them on four separate occasions, each and every time Dean responded with, "it's been slow in your area."

Then, yesterday, he responded with, "there is work in your area, you are just not our number one notary that we use in that area." I asked him why, what had changed, and Dean did not respond.

I feel that it is incredibly unprofessional not to tell a notary that you have done so much work with when you have an issue with them. Literally, not one word was ever said, they just stopped using me. I also feel that it was unprofessional of Dean to not just tell me in the first email so long ago that they no longer had me as their go to notary and why this change had occurred.

I would have told them if I had some issue with them. Furthermore, I would have given them a chance to fix the issue, given our long standing and mutually beneficial business relationship.

Would I still recommend a notary take work from Watermark, yes I would....however, I would add a caution that should you fall out of favor, for whatever reason, no matter how long you have been loyal to them, there will be no warning, no contact, no nothing, no matter how many times you ask.
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  10:55:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Consistently paid after about 45 days and only when contacted.

After having to contact three months in a row as to where my monthly signing checks were, it became a clear pattern of "sorry, we'll cut a check today" with a smiley face in response emails to make it seem they made a one time mistake. They used my time as a means to remind them of past due invoices, then likely relieved their conscience by paying the day of the call. They viewed that as acceptable payment practices since it became a clear pattern.

Worst of all, when I informed them this was unacceptable that I had to continually call about 45 day invoices they became insulted and paid me off early while discontinuing my services.

They were also beginning to offer less than my fee. I noticed they get a large cut of the notary fee, about 50% on average. Friday night signing at $75. If you're one of those easy kind of gals who will take anything and not care how long they take to pay you, you're their kind of signing agent. Take that hint for what it's worth.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Edited by - notaryslife on 06/14/2013 12:30:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  10:44:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not a good idea to start out any business relationship with a lack of trust. Either you trust and do business or not, no in between. If you still take them up on it after expressing a lack of trust and give them any foot in the door, you will get burned to confirm your belief.

quote:
Originally posted by Melanie363

Here is my experience with SoCal Signings located at 142 E. Bonita Ave, Suite 231, San Dimas, CA.
Yesterday (12/4/2012) they contacted me to do a signing close to my office. Before I read the posts here, I said yes. After reading these posts, I called a couple of times, left a message and sent an email to Roger Killackey telling him that I had checked them out at 123notary.com. Because of the slow/no pay, if they wanted to me to the signing, I would need to be prepaid and to call me to get my paypal information. Never heard back from anyone at SoCal so I assumed they didn’t want me to do it. Today, 15 minutes AFTER the signing time, I get an URGENT email from Lisa with docs attached. I responded back to the email telling Lisa about the voice messages and emails I had sent about being prepaid. Still nothing. 30 minutes later I get a call from Freddy Williams at Green Light Financial Services located at 18200 Von Karman Ave, Irvine, CA. wanting to know what was going on. I proceeded to tell him what I read. After a few minutes of discussion and negotiating, Freddy said he would personally pay me and to send him the invoice directly. He also asked me to contact his client and let her know that I would be there and about what time. I did. I called his client to tell her I was on my way, had to leave a message. Now I’m 5 minutes from her house, after printing 240 pages (including her copies) when she calls me back and said “Don’t bother coming, they just called and said they are sending another notary.” I called Freddy back and asked what was going on. He said after we spoke they decided to use someone else. I asked about my print fee, since he and I had an agreement on payment. He said basically oh well, you aren’t getting paid. Needless to say, I told him not to call me back. I will however be sending him an invoice for the printing fee including information on my late fee policy.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Edited by - notaryslife on 06/13/2013 10:47:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

lcox60

Illinois
22 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  09:53:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Premier Signing Services is very slow to pay, I always get confused with them and Premier Lender Services whom I have no problem getting paid, I wonder if there are associated.

quote:
Originally posted by jbelmont

I am background checking a few signing companies to add to my list. I checked them and nobody had complained about them so I think they are good companies. Please let me know if you had any problem with any of these companies. Thanks.

CA Notary and Document Signers
California Professional Signing Group
Century Document Services
Chase title - owing mills, MD
Cornerstone Signing Service, Inc
DJ services
DOCS2U
Door2Door Docs
Eclosers.com
Finish Line Signing Company
Meymax Title - Closing columbus, oh
N B Signing Agency
Nations Signature Closers, Inc
Northstar Notary
Northwest title Vadnais heights, mn
Notaries To You rancho murrieta, ca
Ocean Pacific Notary Services, Inc.
On The Dotted Line
Pam Butcher and Associates
PDQ Notary
Performance Title Inc. Diamondhead, MS
Premier Signing Services Springfield, MO
ProLink Signing Service San Jose, CA
Royal Settlement Services - Closing Elkridge, MD
Signing Carolina High Point, NC
SLB SIGNING SERVICES
SoCal Signing Co.
Statewide Document Services, Inc
Title2Land Baton Rouge, LA
Transcontinental Title Clearwater Florida
Truly Mobile Closings, Inc.
U. S. CertifiedSigners Sacramento, CA
Watermark Services Inc Folsom, CA
World Wide Settlements Rockville, MD
Notary ASAP Inc. Orange, CA

Go to Top of Page

busynotary

Colorado
14 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  4:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always got paid when I worked with them. However, they are not a very efficient business, as you see in other posts. The extra work is not worth their low-ball fee. I no longer do business with them.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  12:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melanie363

Here is my experience with SoCal Signings located at 142 E. Bonita Ave, Suite 231, San Dimas, CA.
Yesterday (12/4/2012) they contacted me to do a signing close to my office. Before I read the posts here, I said yes. After reading these posts, I called a couple of times, left a message and sent an email to Roger Killackey telling him that I had checked them out at 123notary.com. Because of the slow/no pay, if they wanted to me to the signing, I would need to be prepaid and to call me to get my paypal information. Never heard back from anyone at SoCal so I assumed they didn’t want me to do it. Today, 15 minutes AFTER the signing time, I get an URGENT email from Lisa with docs attached. I responded back to the email telling Lisa about the voice messages and emails I had sent about being prepaid. Still nothing. 30 minutes later I get a call from Freddy Williams at Green Light Financial Services located at 18200 Von Karman Ave, Irvine, CA. wanting to know what was going on. I proceeded to tell him what I read. After a few minutes of discussion and negotiating, Freddy said he would personally pay me and to send him the invoice directly. He also asked me to contact his client and let her know that I would be there and about what time. I did. I called his client to tell her I was on my way, had to leave a message. Now I’m 5 minutes from her house, after printing 240 pages (including her copies) when she calls me back and said “Don’t bother coming, they just called and said they are sending another notary.” I called Freddy back and asked what was going on. He said after we spoke they decided to use someone else. I asked about my print fee, since he and I had an agreement on payment. He said basically oh well, you aren’t getting paid. Needless to say, I told him not to call me back. I will however be sending him an invoice for the printing fee including information on my late fee policy.

When I require a "dud" to prepay; I make certain to tell them that printing starts AFTER payment is received. And, I stick to it. If they want me to "maintain their schedule" they best pay quickly!

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

Melanie363

20 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  3:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  10:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Notaries to you in Muerietta CA is a problem for me. Josh recently harassed my business not only offering something outside my designated predisclosed county I serve, but something of a pittance job for a Power of Attorney. They are lazy cold calling. When I stood up to his harassment of my business, taking up my time with his frivolous calls he made some sarcastic remark and hung up on me cutting me off mid sentence as to why he was wasting his time for such a one document signing.

I requested an apology and received none. So he thinks he has a right to call unjustifiably and hang up in your ear for protesting. His attitude says it all.

quote:
Originally posted by susiet57

Perhaps another check on these companies would be good!! This is from 08. So many come and go... I remember the good ole days when there were only about 6 and they all did good!!!! Thanks Jeremy.. you have a great service here!!!

quote:

I am background checking a few signing companies to add to my list. I checked them and nobody had complained about them so I think they are good companies. Please let me know if you had any problem with any of these companies. Thanks.

DJ services
DOCS2U
Door2Door Docs
Eclosers.com
N B Signing Agency
Northstar Notary
On The Dotted Line
PDQ Notary
SLB SIGNING SERVICES
SoCal Signing Co.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

dxkraus

Washington
14 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2010 :  11:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eefairy303

i worked with both lori and mike on a complicated closing on march 8, 2010. got my check today, march 20, 2010, as promised. they are both knowledgable and professional. i'd work with them anytime!!!!!

By Lori and Mike, I assume you meant with Door2Door? I agree on that one. They're great!
Go to Top of Page

dxkraus

Washington
14 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2010 :  11:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by active

[/quote]

I have done several signings with Truly Mobile Closings. Unfortunately, the one I had experience with was the one located in the Seattle area. When I was contacted by Dianna Jenkins of Truly Mobile Closings, apparently in the New Orleans area, I mistakenly identified them. However, they are a signing service that uses Notary Cafe. Every signing service that has contacted me from there has been A-1. Until now.

Rather than go into detail, I'll just state that I gave her ample time to pay on an August 10, 2010 signing, and I'm still waiting. Her latest excuse, after I advised her I was going to her client for payment, was to say her son had croup. Don't know much about that, but I do know it's typical length is 3 - 7 days, and she's past due since September 10. You do the math.

If you get calls from Truly Mobile Closings in Lake Forest Park, WA or Excel Notary in Arizona, they are A-1 in my book, and pay within 30 - 35 days.
Go to Top of Page

gobeavs

Washington
26 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  2:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit gobeavs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Transcontinental Title is on your list but unfortunately no longer exists. About a year ago they were taken over by First American Title.

Go to Top of Page

eefairy303

Texas
47 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  11:16:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit eefairy303's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i worked with both lori and mike on a complicated closing on march 8, 2010. got my check today, march 20, 2010, as promised. they are both knowledgable and professional. i'd work with them anytime!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

zipnsign

Indiana
5 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  6:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Century Document Services out of Ohio pays per agreement, but Darla is kind of grumpy and not always very nice to work with. Fees are mid-range to low, but not bad. I'd work with them again.

ZipNsign
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  10:16:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good points Renee, which is why I keep harping on the fact that people writing about a company NEED to include more than just a company name. One thing I'm not is psychic and I should not have to google to find more info about a company someone critiques. The one who posts needs to be clear about the company they've worked with. If not, the poster will mistakenly slander a good company or praise a deadbeat company.
Go to Top of Page

Renee

Michigan
549 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  02:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As part/parcel to our own professionalism, we really need to be VERY SPECIFIC about the companies we post about. There are quite a few "Cornerstone Title" agencies in various states - I work for one out of Lexington, KY and they're wonderful clients who don't deserve to have this posting come up under their good name.

"Cornerstone Signing Services, Inc" is in Boca Raton, FL. and there is another SIMILARLY named "Cornerstone Signing Service, Inc" in Searcy, AR. Might even be more than those ...

This particular post seems to be voicing an experience with Matt Goodwin, owner/agent of "ACCLARO CONSULTING GROUP LLC" - shown on a listing of new business licenses from 3/08 in Cottonwood, UT.

I can just imagine the noise, if a client were to post something negative about one of us - anonymously, and with very vague identification of the person they were complaining about.
Go to Top of Page

active

Virginia
38 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  07:55:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jeremy, one of the companies on your list wasn't so good with me. Cornerstone title, or should I say their business partner representing them; the Acclaro group's Matt Goodwin. I did three jobs for him and never was paid. Payment was due immediately after closing by our agreement but never happened. I made dozens of calls that went unanswered,sent certified letters to no result. I went as far as researching the chamber of commerce in Sandy, Utah for a current business address. The address was updated with them less than six months before but yet all letters were returned and marked "business moved,no forwarding address!" With no place else to call or send letters to, I had to eat the 350.00 in fees owed to me. Don't accept work from this joker and his company because you will never get paid! Originally posted by jbelmont[/i]

DJ services
DOCS2U
Door2Door Docs
Eclosers.com
N B Signing Agency
Northstar Notary
On The Dotted Line
PDQ Notary
SLB SIGNING SERVICES
SoCal Signing Co.

[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

susiet57

Tennessee
24 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  1:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit susiet57's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Perhaps another check on these companies would be good!! This is from 08. So many come and go... I remember the good ole days when there were only about 6 and they all did good!!!! Thanks Jeremy.. you have a great service here!!!

quote:

DJ services
DOCS2U
Door2Door Docs
Eclosers.com
N B Signing Agency
Northstar Notary
On The Dotted Line
PDQ Notary
SLB SIGNING SERVICES
SoCal Signing Co.

Go to Top of Page

DanD

California
6 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  10:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the info. I did leave her a message a while back, hopefully I will hear back. Until then I will continue to call her.
Dan
Go to Top of Page

yolicue

California
3 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  4:43:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit yolicue's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dan: Speak directly with owner Lisa Bittner and ask her to pay you via PayPal (including service charge). I had this same problem several months ago and resolved it in this manner. She came through immediately. However, I haven't worked with SoCal since. Seems they won't meet my fee. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

DanD

California
6 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  1:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a signing for SoCal Signing Co. back on April 9 and they still have not paid me. I have sent them repeated invoices and called to resolve this issue. Still waiting.
Go to Top of Page

Conniek

Oregon
78 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  9:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did one signing in 7/07 took 22 days for payment. Paid well...not sure why giving Notaries grief now. Keep asking for payment in every way...call, fax bill, e-mail bill until you get an answer why no pay! Humm! Some companies may just need a good bookeeper! Mark the company with BBB complaint.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Illinois
3 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  08:07:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've done a few closings for Ocean with really no issues, except for one, which turned out to be my last closing.

The agreed upon fee for one particular closing was renegotiated by Ocean without my consent, because docs arrived via overnight instead of edocs. My position was they had to pay what we initially agreed upon. I mean, it's not my fault how the docs arrived?!
They did send me the check for the original fee with a note in RED lettering saying not to use my services again...BOOO HOOO...

Other than that, they met my fees and paid within 30 days.
[/blue]

-C
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  2:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote

DJ services
DOCS2U
Door2Door Docs
Eclosers.com
N B Signing Agency
Northstar Notary
On The Dotted Line
PDQ Notary
SLB SIGNING SERVICES
SoCal Signing Co.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.