123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Newbie & Mentoring Section
 How to not get ripped off
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Angela V

California
40 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2017 :  3:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Angela V's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have to disagree with you too, Narayan. The only thing I enclose with a signing package is my card, and possibly an invoice if it's going back to the person who hired me. Your terms of payment should be acknowledged in a written email, followed up by your invoice after closing.

Another suggestion for not getting ripped off, is to make sure you have been compensated by a company BEFORE you work for them again. Do not rack up a bunch of bills before you know the quality of a client.

Angela V
Go to Top of Page

KHSTjudi

Washington
34 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2017 :  05:21:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Narayan, sorry - you are incorrect.

When a notary accepts an assignment through a signing company they become a subcontractor for the signing company. The lender/escrow/title company is not responsible for payment to subcontractors. You can try a mechanics' lien, but the filing fees far exceed any amount due a notary.

Pressuring signing company clients is a good way to find yourself served with a lawsuit by the signing company, as well as have those clients refuse to allow you to close for them through ANY signing company they may contract for services.

Occasional nonpayments, while not right and not fair, are to be expected in any small business. Write them off and move on.

Edited by - KHSTjudi on 03/08/2017 05:28:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Notary_Narayan

New Jersey
32 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2017 :  09:11:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello New Notaries..

If you are contacted by a signing company and if you can or cannot find any data, about payment and their practices, I have not made it a point to put a couple of these inserts, especially where there is special instructions to settlement agent. I have printed this leaflet and highlight important lines in COLOR and keep them handy and insert them in every loan package, that comes from a signing service. My goal is to have these signing services put out of the business and end notary's misery . If you are interested, copy the below and create your own notice of prompt payment

ATTN: SETTLEMENT/ESCROW/TITLE /LOAN OFFICER
If this closing has been contracted via a signing service

It is the responsibility of the SETTLEMENT/ESCROW/TITLE /LOAN OFFICER to ensure that the notary closing agent gets paid on time. That means upon settlement or upon disbursement of all fees.

Off late many signing services are not paying notaries.
A few have been folding up, or holding payments far beyond after disbursements has been done. Some signing services employ PONZI model of payment, by waiting on payments from future transactions to pay notaries as late as 45 days/60 days and beyond.

Credit terms for notary payment are never allowed & the above mentioned people will be held responsible for non-payment/default and other civil liabilities

Notaries must be paid for work done, irrespective of whether transaction consummates or not. Please ensure that the signing service pay the notaries promptly & that they have the financial stability to do so.

Some signing services continue to thrive on deception. They do this by changing business entity names and restarting this deception. There is currently lack of compliance and checks on signing services.

I am honored to be the closer for this & should you require my services in future.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.