123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Web directories
 Voyage Financial
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

deeslim58

California
40 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2014 :  12:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone completed any signing for Voyage Financial Group aka Paramount Equity Mortgage lately and got paid. I just received a call from them for a signing 5 minutes from my office. They claim they will send payment Friday the next week after the loan funds. Please advise, thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by 22459

Did a signing for them on 1/5/13, paid 1/22/13. Good fee. Hopefully, they are on the right track now.

Teri W.

Ms. Dee
Go to Top of Page

deeslim58

California
40 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2014 :  12:12:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone completed any signing for Voyage Financial Group aka Paramount Equity Mortgage lately and got paid. I just received a call from them for a signing 5 minutes from my office. Please advise, thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by a1etron

Run run as fast as you can. Get this company to pay you upfront with PayPal. They will hold you hostage promising docs in 20 minutes then 2 hours goes by and they act like nothing happened, they promised me $200.00 to do a late nite closing but told me "nobody in the office has a credit or debit card to pay with pay pal". So I told them if credit card companies will not extend you credit then I wont, if the bank will not give you a debit card then you have to many bad checks and I do not want one of them. Get paid upfront if you do not have a PayPal account open one today and have PayPal send you their MasterCard and when the funds are in your account you and take the cash out from any ATM. If Voyager you will work for free or be promised the world because they really need that file closed. Just like a plumber gets paid when work is done so should you. Get paid upfront or you will likely be working for FREE. Ed

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@hotmail.com

Ms. Dee
Go to Top of Page

California
48 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  10:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did a signing for them on 1/5/13, paid 1/22/13. Good fee. Hopefully, they are on the right track now.

Teri W.
Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2012 :  05:54:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Run run as fast as you can. Get this company to pay you upfront with PayPal. They will hold you hostage promising docs in 20 minutes then 2 hours goes by and they act like nothing happened, they promised me $200.00 to do a late nite closing but told me "nobody in the office has a credit or debit card to pay with pay pal". So I told them if credit card companies will not extend you credit then I wont, if the bank will not give you a debit card then you have to many bad checks and I do not want one of them. Get paid upfront if you do not have a PayPal account open one today and have PayPal send you their MasterCard and when the funds are in your account you and take the cash out from any ATM. If Voyager you will work for free or be promised the world because they really need that file closed. Just like a plumber gets paid when work is done so should you. Get paid upfront or you will likely be working for FREE. Ed

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  12:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Voyage just called me for an edoc tonight. Based on prior feedback I asked for PayPal in advance. They declined. Half fee compensation (for cancellations) and forcing me to blow away multiple other full fee jobs does not work for me. Nor a history of late docs.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

TGS1985

California
208 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  6:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit TGS1985's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wanted to update my situation. I have received my cancellation fee from Voyage Financial. As far as I'm concerned they earn a second chance in my book.

I am a little concern that late docs is a regular thing with base on these reviews, in which they might not be the company for me but at least they're fair.

- Tyler Soares -
Notary Public, Loan Signing Agent & Insurance Broker.
www.mobilestocktonnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

Oregon Notary

Oregon
10 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2012 :  5:39:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Oregon Notary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a similar experience and have requested they never contact me again. Very unprofessional! If I have to beg for documents I can just imagine what it's like to try to get paid.

Rick Phillips
Portland, Oregon
http://www.ktvavideo.com
mail@ktvavideo.com
Go to Top of Page

TGS1985

California
208 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2012 :  3:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit TGS1985's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IMPORTANT UPDATE!

I was contacted again by Voyage Financial Group AKA Voyage Mortgage today regarding a signing. I explain to them that I was unwilling to accept any work from their company due to the fact they never compensated me for my previous cancellation. As a result they decided to schedule the signing with another notary but ask me to contact their Closing Manager, Amei regarding the issue. I explain the situation to her, including copies of my original email conversation made back at the end of June. Amei got back to me stating that they will be paying my cancellation fee and that she hopes that I'll consider doing business with Voyage again.

At this point I'm giving this company a second chance. I'll report back on how the next signing with Voyage goes and whether I actually received my cancellation fee.

- Tyler Soares -

Edited by - TGS1985 on 08/16/2012 3:16:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Stone Pony

California
31 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  5:20:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Accepted appointment with Voyage Financial on Monday 7/23 for an 8:00 pm appt on Wed. Checked the board after accepting and saw the posts. Sent an email notifying Voyage I would need docs by 3:00 on day of appointment to keep with my scheduled appointments. Got a snippy email back saying "We will do our best to try to get them to you but that is 5hrs before the signing, please make sure that if we work together again you state that in the very beginning. I will see how much of a rush we can put on docs." At 5:00 they called to cancel the appointment and wanted to reschedule for the next day. I told them that based on their reviews on the notary boards, they could look elsewhere as I have already turned down appointments this evening. Once bit, twice shy. Too many good companies out there that get me the docs well in advance to mess with these guys.

Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  07:03:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TGS1985

I don't necessarily agree with the first strike. Every company I worked for up till now that had no reviews turn out to be legit and a ok experience. Although I do get wary on such companies and always prefer those with reviews.

Regarding the others, you're right but it was a fair about of money (Not ridiculously high as in too good to be true, but a very fair price).

I did gamble and lost, live and learn. Least I could do is warn others by actually giving this company the bad review it desperately needs.

- Tyler Soares -

You raise a good point Tyler,

My "Strike One" - to elaborate a bit - should only apply when the caller tells me they have been in business for 10+ years. THEN, not having any "public feedback" is suspicious to me. It's easy to check out a company's statements. One quick way is to "whois" their domain name (usually part of their email address / web site). If they registered the domain VERY recently & say they have been in business for 10+ years, my antenna goes up.

But your point is well taken - the lack of feedback should not, in itself, be considered a negative and I stand corrected. Similar to being "innocent until proven guilty" - a lack of feedback proves nothing. I thank you for calling this to my attention.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Go to Top of Page

TGS1985

California
208 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  6:00:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit TGS1985's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't necessarily agree with the first strike. Every company I worked for up till now that had no reviews turn out to be legit and a ok experience. Although I do get wary on such companies and always prefer those with reviews.

Regarding the others, you're right but it was a fair about of money (Not ridiculously high as in too good to be true, but a very fair price).

I did gamble and lost, live and learn. Least I could do is warn others by actually giving this company the bad review it desperately needs.

- Tyler Soares -
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2012 :  04:46:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TGS1985

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
UNRELIABLE, BAD/NO COMMUNICATION, LIARS & LAST MINUTE CANCELLERS.

I was assigned a job recently with Voyage Financial Group in Sacramento, CA. They offered a very fair price for a signing with signers at two different locations many miles apart. The signing could be scheduled anytime for that evening as long as it was that same day but they requested I try to schedule it for no later than 5:30PM. They informed me that the docs would be ready and sent to me by 3:00PM. Because I could not find any positive or negative reviews and the price was good, I gave them a chance.

I waited until 3:50PM to email my contact to see if the company sent the docs already and I just hadn’t received them. Then I followed up with a phone call 4:20PM when they failed to respond to my email. I check to see if my contact wanted to cancel or reschedule the appointment but she assured me that the docs would be coming soon and that the signing still had to be completed that day. She also requested that I contact the signers to push back our meetings an hour, which I did.

I ended up waiting until 7:00PM and by that time I STILL hadn’t received any documents. I had already cancelled two other appointments because they assured me the appointment with them was still a go. At this point however I informed them I consider this a non-signing on their part and was going to charged them half the cost of the signing (which is what the majority of my other companies offer) for essentially tying up my services all evening for nothing, however they refused to compensate me for my trouble.

Don’t waste your time with this company. They offer you a very good price just to flake on you later with no consideration for your time or money. Think they wouldn’t be upset after sending you the docs you ended up as a no show without even telling them? Of course they would be!

- Tyler -

I could not find any positive or negative reviews - STRIKE ONE!
they failed to respond to my email - STRIKE TWO!
I ended up waiting until 7:00PM - STRIKE THREE!
I had already cancelled two other appointments - STRIKE FOUR !!!

After 4 "strikes" it's only logical that:

they refused to compensate me for my trouble

Kenny Rogers gave good notary advice when he sang "The Gambler"
specifically:

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
Know when to walk away, know when to run.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Go to Top of Page

TGS1985

California
208 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  1:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit TGS1985's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
UNRELIABLE, BAD/NO COMMUNICATION, LIARS & LAST MINUTE CANCELLERS.

I was assigned a job recently with Voyage Financial Group in Sacramento, CA. They offered a very fair price for a signing with signers at two different locations many miles apart. The signing could be scheduled anytime for that evening as long as it was that same day but they requested I try to schedule it for no later than 5:30PM. They informed me that the docs would be ready and sent to me by 3:00PM. Because I could not find any positive or negative reviews and the price was good, I gave them a chance.

I waited until 3:50PM to email my contact to see if the company sent the docs already and I just hadn’t received them. Then I followed up with a phone call 4:20PM when they failed to respond to my email. I check to see if my contact wanted to cancel or reschedule the appointment but she assured me that the docs would be coming soon and that the signing still had to be completed that day. She also requested that I contact the signers to push back our meetings an hour, which I did.

I ended up waiting until 7:00PM and by that time I STILL hadn’t received any documents. I had already cancelled two other appointments because they assured me the appointment with them was still a go. At this point however I informed them I consider this a non-signing on their part and was going to charged them half the cost of the signing (which is what the majority of my other companies offer) for essentially tying up my services all evening for nothing, however they refused to compensate me for my trouble.

Don’t waste your time with this company. They offer you a very good price just to flake on you later with no consideration for your time or money. Think they wouldn’t be upset after sending you the docs you ended up as a no show without even telling them? Of course they would be!

- Tyler -

Edited by - TGS1985 on 06/26/2012 1:37:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

TGS1985

California
208 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  4:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit TGS1985's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hven

I am doing a job for them today. I googled their name and BB gives an "A". I will keep you posted re my experience with them.

I too would be interested in how that went. They just called me for a signing but unfortunately I was unable to accept as I was already booked.

- Tyler -
Go to Top of Page

hven

9 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  1:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am doing a job for them today. I googled their name and BB gives an "A". I will keep you posted re my experience with them.
Go to Top of Page

leeinla

California
21 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  6:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a an email from this company and they stated they found on 123notary. Does anyone have any experience with them. They are located in Sacramento, CA.

Thanks,

L
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.