123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Web directories
 NotaryNow.com
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

jlissem

New Jersey
139 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  4:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit jlissem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, never mentioned disabled until today??????? Most people who will read press release will not be on mobile Notary sites.

www.Flexo-Notaries.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  2:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jlissem

Hi #17625
Update on Linkedin profile.
The USMA Network (West Point Graduates) has dropped you from their members list. Hey that makes 3 out of 3. Along with The Long Gray Line West Point Alumni and The West Point Society of Orange County.
A month ago you had links to all three. I wonder why they ALL dropped you from their membership?
I also see your 1 year 1o month brillent Army career details have disappeared from your profile.
Maybe you will now stop lying to gullible NJ Notaries about your
illegal web notarizations.

www.Flexo-Notaries.com

Very interesting...getting curioser and curioser...

According to the press release they issued, he's a former officer and disabled vet.

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  07:42:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi #17625
The USMA Network (West Point Graduates) has dropped you from their members list. Hey that makes 3 out of 3. Along with The Long Gray Line West Point Alumni and The West Point Society of Orange County.
A month ago you had links to all three. I wonder why they ALL dropped you from their membership?
I also see your 1 year 1o month brillent Army career details have disappeared from your profile.

www.Flexo-Notaries.com

Duly noted.
Go to Top of Page

jlissem

New Jersey
139 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  07:05:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit jlissem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi #17625

www.Flexo-Notaries.com
Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  4:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Chris. Thought you might be interested in this.
But I doubt it as you like to make up your own facts and laws.

http://www.asnnotary.org/?form=contact

www.Flexo-Notaries.com

Here's a link to the recent article.

http://www.asnnotary.org/img/Enot%20PresReq%20Jan2011.pdf
Go to Top of Page

jlissem

New Jersey
139 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  4:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit jlissem's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Hi Chris. Thought you might be interested in this.
But I doubt it as you like to make up your own facts and laws.

http://www.asnnotary.org/?form=contact

www.Flexo-Notaries.com
Go to Top of Page

jlissem

New Jersey
139 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  4:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit jlissem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jbelmont
re #17625 rebuttal
1 He is NOT a Notary
2 "some kind of fraud" You bet one of the worst kinds, duping a new NJ Notary who will most likely loose her Comm.
3 Erroneous conclusions?? What erroneous conclusions?
4 "Long term aspirations" may turn into long term sentence.
5 Tell me the West Point Story again. The official West Point Assn. of graduates says the only 2006 grad is a Michael C. Hawkins serving as an active duty Capt. in the Us Army, but you say they made a mistake.
Why did The Long Grey Line of West Point Alumni drop you from their site, that you had been a member of.
Tell me more of you brilliant short Army career of 1 year and 10 months,that you claim in your Linkedin profile.
Tell me how you got out of a 5 year commitment after graduation.
6 If you think any of my statements are slander/libel, please feel free to file suit in New Jersey. We would love to have step foot into our State

www.Flexo-Notaries.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  4:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jbelmont

A complaint was published on their profile as well as the company's rebuttal to the complaint. The NJ notary manual clearly states that personal appearance is required.

Thank you Jeremy - now why can't I find the listing...<<mutter>>

Linda
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  3:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A complaint was published on their profile as well as the company's rebuttal to the complaint. The NJ notary manual clearly states that personal appearance is required.

Go to Top of Page

jlissem

New Jersey
139 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  06:00:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit jlissem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Linda
And a credit card.
They also get signer to confirm some out of wallet info. "That only the signer would know" except they get it from PUPLIC RECORDS.
A bit scarry.

www.Flexo-Notaries.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  05:32:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This one part seriously disturbs me..

"... The customer’s identification is also uploaded"

I don't even like FAXING copies of borrowers' ID when required - why would any signer intentionally send their ID into cyber never never land...

<<shudder>>

Linda
Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  04:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mr. L. Thanks for the email.

While reading this blog, for the first time what struck me about this procedure is the fact that signers are being identified by a COPY of ID documents, NOT from the ID documents themselves.

If the state(s) affected don't act on this, notarization is going to get as loosey goosey as it can. Forget about those robosigners...that's nothing.

quote:

http://blog.notary.org/2011/01/webcam-notarizations-are-they-legit-in-pa/#more-951Comments on PAN blog about web cam "notarization"

www.Flexo-Notaries.com

Go to Top of Page

jlissem

New Jersey
139 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  04:03:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit jlissem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://blog.notary.org/2011/01/webcam-notarizations-are-they-legit-in-pa/#more-951Comments on PAN blog about web cam "notarization"

www.Flexo-Notaries.com
Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2011 :  5:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Jeremy
Next time you are chatting with # 17625
Ask Him:
1) Are you an attorney that knows what he is talking about?
2) What law firm has advised you that this is legal?
3) Have you contacted the NJ Notary Div at 609-292-9292 and asked the legality of this.
4) Is he a Notary Public in any State?
5)Is he Michael C. Hawkins the 2006 graduate of West Point who the West Point Alumni Assn. of Graduates says is an active Capt. in the US army

www.Flexo-Notaries.com

Can you please send me the emails that you have received from the SoS in NJ regarding this. You know my email. I've gone to some folks with your remarks. Please help me provide the proof.

Thanks, Brenda
Go to Top of Page

jlissem

New Jersey
139 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2011 :  4:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit jlissem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeremy
Next time you are chatting with # 17625
Ask Him:
1) Are you an attorney that knows what he is talking about?
2) What law firm has advised you that this is legal?
3) Have you contacted the NJ Notary Div at 609-292-9292 and asked the legality of this.
4) Is he a Notary Public in any State?
5)Is he Michael C. Hawkins the 2006 graduate of West Point who the West Point Alumni Assn. of Graduates says is an active Capt. in the US army

www.Flexo-Notaries.com
Go to Top of Page

jlissem

New Jersey
139 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2011 :  4:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit jlissem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeremy
FYI
E-Notarizations are NOT approved in the State of New Jersey.
These are not even E-Notarizations. They are a fraud.
In the States that have E-Notarizations they require the presence of the Notary to affix their Notary electronic seal seal.

www.Flexo-Notaries.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2011 :  2:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy, on 1/21/2011 you said "I have talked to the company in question and asked them to post links to statutes that document that what they are doing in each particular state is legal.."

That's what Mr. Lissem is asking you about.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2011 :  2:01:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What type of link? I am lost here. Please be specific.

The company in question still refuses to give us any evidence that proves that their operation is legitimate. They claim that notaries on the forum are not attorneys and don't know what the laws are. It looks like nobody in this whole argument regardless of what side they are has any proof of anything.

We got a complaint from someone in NJ stating that its illegal to do e-notarizations without personal appearance. This complaint is good because its state specific. I'll be investigating this one later today. We'll see if we get any evidence from the e-notarization folks.

Go to Top of Page

jlissem

New Jersey
139 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2011 :  1:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit jlissem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeremy
Have you received any links????

www.Flexo-Notaries.com
Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  2:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
As many of you noted, we have researched the law in depth to ensure we are not violating state or federal law. But what we are doing is new, so a lot of what we are doing right now is educating people about our process.

Chris, I have no interest in whether or not you are/are not a West Point grad. Non-issue to me.

I ask you again, please post a cite / link to the law that says you can notarize in this way. The State of NJ says it is not legal...yet you are doing it.

Show us the laws you are using to underpin the viability of your web cam notary business. Accoridng to Jeremy/site owner, you were going to provide links. That's all we want.

According to the national association of commissioning offices across the country, NO STATE has legalized web cam notarizations. What do you know that they do not?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

jlissem

New Jersey
139 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  11:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit jlissem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by jlissem

I have been informed by the West Point Association of Graduates that according to their records Michael Christopher Hawkins class of 2006 is an ACTIVE DUTY Captain in the U.S. Army

www.Flexo-Notaries.com

Are you stating that you are Capt. Michael Christopher class of 2006 USMA?

By the way the West Point Assn, of Graduates is not a directory. It is THE Alumni Assn of West Point and is located at West Point.

You 17625 are using West Point on you Notary web site and using a*****on youtube to promote your illegal scheme and con gulliable Notaries to take part in it.

www.Flexo-Notaries.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
1 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  5:41:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone its Chris from NotaryNow, I'm trying to stay in the loop occasionally with the notary forums. There was actually some very interesting discussion going on here for a bit, so I appreciate that. It did turn a bit south, and I don't think my personal life is relevant but I'll note the West Point Assoc. of Graduates has inaccurately listed me as Active Duty (it wouldn't be the first time a directory was inaccurate).

Many people have stated and I agree that we are at an exciting point in notarization. Technology can begin to augment the abilities for notaries to effectively do their primary functions: identify individuals and authenticate documents. I expect many of the things we are doing today to become standard practice within 20 years, and for notaries to remain an important part of the process. As many of you noted, we have researched the law in depth to ensure we are not violating state or federal law. But what we are doing is new, so a lot of what we are doing right now is educating people about our process. If you have any professional, notarization related questions, feel free to reach out and call us. We are happy to chat with you.

Chris
NotaryNow
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  5:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Linda
He is not listed in the official list of Notaries of New Jersey.

www.Flexo-Notaries.com

I hope you're right - you saw where I said there IS a Vincent Smith in Allentown - he won't answer me if that's him.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

jlissem

New Jersey
139 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  5:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit jlissem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Linda
There are more than 126,000 active comm. Notaties in NJ

www.Flexo-Notaries.com
Go to Top of Page

jlissem

New Jersey
139 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  4:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit jlissem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Linda
He is not listed in the official list of Notaries of New Jersey.

www.Flexo-Notaries.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2011 :  08:16:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those of you who don't frequent other forums, I'd like to make you all aware of this company and ask you to be very very careful.

This company performs notarizations across state lines via internet and webcam with no actual personal physical appearance before the notary. (For further information as to their process of identification, etc, please just google - it should be all over page 1 by now). Yes, it's an almost instant notarization, however it should be noted that this form of notarization is illegal in most if not all states (rendering the notarization invalid) and goes directly against the mandates of NASS (National Association of Secretaries of State)... http://tinyurl.com/4g9t6gg

"Under no circumstance shall a notary public base identification merely upon familiarity with a signer's electronic signature or an electronic verification process that authenticates the signer's electronic signature when the signer is not in the physical presence of the notary public."

“Physical appearance” and “appears before the notary” mean that the principal and the notary public are physically close enough to see, hear, communicate with, and give documents to each other without reliance on electronic devices such as telephones, computers,*****cameras or facsimile machines."

A good concept? Sure...a great one maybe - BUT before anyone jumps on the bandwagon saying "yeah...I want to do this" check your own state's notary laws - I know Florida spells out "personal appearance" as actual physical presence - the webcam does not substitute for that.

Also, they are actively operating out of CA (maybe) and New Jersey - so to anyone obtaining a notarization from this company right now, NJ has unequivocably stated that this is illegal. So, if you've obtained a notarization in this manner, chances are it's not valid.

BTW, as a final note...the owners/managers behind this venture are not notaries. They are entrepreneurs - no crime there but obviously there's a lack of knowledge of notarial law.

Linda
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.