123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 Signing company totally screwed up 2 notaries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dbillman

Florida
29 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  10:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit dbillman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have had it happen twice. Once I was the notary who had just started the signing when another notary showed up. She was assigned the job from the same SS as I was. She had confirmed with the borrowers via voice mail. They were confused when they received her message but assumed it was related to me. She was very aggressive when she arrived and want to see "my paperwork & wanted me to prove I was suppose to be doing the signing"? How I would have the loan docs if I was not I do not know, but I showed her my confirmation. She left angry & on the phone with the SS. Not sure how that turned out. We continued with the signing with me apologizing all the way.

I second time, I arrived for a closing & another notary had also just arrived. It was a local signing for me & a 60 mile trip one-way for the other notary. Again, same SS. We both had confirmed with the BO & they never thought to notify anyone that 2 different people said they were coming to sign docs. I agreed to leave because it was local for me so I was not out too much. I was paid a print and trip fee after some discussion with the SS.

Go to Top of Page

DianaNotary

California
171 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  09:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit DianaNotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is gross. These companies shouldn’t be out here doing business in the first place….

http://www.DianaNotary.com
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  06:45:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, had another notary show up while Bs were signing; had B say another notary had also confirmed; once got to Bs home (5 minutes early for confirmed appt.) to find another notary already there. (Bs were very confused as this notary had NOT called/confirmed and they had the impression that she was me.)

But the most outrageous thing that ever happened was to be called to see if I had already printed the docs (I had) and then told that another notary would be picking them up and completing the signing and I'd be paid for the printing. Can't imagine why that SS is now out of business.

Go to Top of Page

DianaNotary

California
171 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  12:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit DianaNotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It will certainly spear us (Notaries) of frustration and grey hair, if the signing companies would be more professional and careful when assigning us. There are great signing companies out there, which I love working with, but still there are some “$%^&** ones.

I agree with you, it’s totally a different story when receiving assignments directly from the title and escrow companies, as those guys really know what they are doing and it’s so much easier to communicate/get in touch with.

Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  12:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never had another notary show up when I was at the borrower's home, but two different times another notary has called to confirm the appointment while I was signing docs with the borrowers. I've also been the one who has called to confirm the appointment and been told that they are already signing docs. It seems to only happen when a SS is involved. Sometimes a TC will work with several SS and whichever company fills the assignment first, gets it. This can lead to double-booking problems as you can imagine.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

DianaNotary

California
171 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  11:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit DianaNotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote

The other day, I was hired by a signing company to complete a loan signing. Business as usual (agreed on the price, got the confirmation, confirmed with the borrower, printed the documents and I was ready to drive to the borrower in no time).

When I arrived at the borrower’s house we started signing the paperwork. Just as we started another notary showed up with the same loan for the same borrower, hired by the same signing company…. (WTH ?!) called the signing company……and no one picked up the phone…….apparently “their business hours are Mo-Fr from 9-5 ?????” gosh, what an idiot would start up a signing company with no clue what he/she is doing.

To make the long story short, I’ve completed the signing and would never deal with this signing company EVER AGAIN! I feel sorry for the other notary who wasted his time, I guess the shitty signing company has to pay us both.

Just curious if anyone else had a similar situation?

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.