123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Skye Closings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.1 person disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fuzzy1955

Florida
36 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2017 :  09:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have taken them off my list. In the last year, I have had to chase them each and every time to get paid. I suggest that you contact the title company who hired them and let them know. This works well for me.

Fuzzy1955
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2017 :  12:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always like working with Skye, but payments were getting later and later. Most recently, (Feb. & April)one took 45 days and the next, a few days later was nearly 3 mos.

Interested in others recent experience.

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.
Go to Top of Page

amcbride

Maine
31 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  1:19:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit amcbride's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was paid!

Anne McBride
Go to Top of Page

amcbride

Maine
31 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2017 :  10:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit amcbride's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I completed a signing for Skye back in February and am still fighting for my pay. They tried to tell me that it was processed yesterday and sent to my bank through Bill.com. Not possible they don't have my account info. Now they are saying if I don't give this company my bank information I will NOT get paid. Whaaaaaaaat? Can't work for free that leaves the borrowers. Someone needs to stop this bullshit. We should not have to fight for what we earned. Tere needs to be a better system and giving them our bank information is definetely NOT the answer.
Go to Top of Page

LJCPA

Pennsylvania
14 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2015 :  05:11:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit LJCPA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did a closing for them in July 2015 and just got paid in late October. I've done a couple of signings for them over the past year and each time I've had to email accounting in order to get an invoice resolved. Although they do pay direct deposit, their fees are lower than average and you most likely won't get paid until 60-90days.

LJ-CPA
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2014 :  09:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfuquay

I have always had a good experience with Skye Closings. I told them in July when I accepted another closing from them that I was concerned because of negative comments on this and notaryrotary.com and they said they had gotten behind but were still getting everyone paid and were catching up again. I did a job for them on 7/17/14 and was paid 8/18/14 and also another closing on 7/29/14 and was paid on 8/28/14. They paid direct deposit and even sent an email and called saying money was on it's way.

Sarah Fuquay

That's good to hear Sarah - I always had very good experiences with Skye and was disheartened to hear about their financial struggles. My first thought was "ugh, we lose even the good ones!!"

So glad to hear they're rebounding..

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

sfuquay

Virginia
6 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2014 :  06:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always had a good experience with Skye Closings. I told them in July when I accepted another closing from them that I was concerned because of negative comments on this and notaryrotary.com and they said they had gotten behind but were still getting everyone paid and were catching up again. I did a job for them on 7/17/14 and was paid 8/18/14 and also another closing on 7/29/14 and was paid on 8/28/14. They paid direct deposit and even sent an email and called saying money was on it's way.

Sarah Fuquay
Go to Top of Page

Louisiana
4 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  1:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always been treated very fairly by Skye. Little hiccup with my payments recently, but they responded very quickly and now I've been told a check is coming. This is unusual as they usually pay very promptly but I had some invoices that were over 90 days old. None the less, they treat me very professionally before during and after a signing and they pay a very fair fee.

Amy in New Orleans
Go to Top of Page

IntegrityNotary

69 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  07:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've found that it's easier to reach Skye if you email their accounting department: [b]accounting@skyeclosings.com[/b

Lately, I have had to reach out to them around the 30 day mark because I no longer receive payment notification from their bill.com operation unless I submit a payment inquiry.

To their credit, Skye has always responded promptly and I usually receive my check within a week.

I have become more selective when accepting closings from Skye and as a result of this I'm down to completing only a few a year for them.
Go to Top of Page

suebehere

Ohio
28 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2014 :  08:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit suebehere's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have four outstanding invoices with Sky. One as far back as February. When I call, I just get VM.
Go to Top of Page

jocelynj

Utah
30 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2014 :  10:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never had any problems with them.

Jocelyn Waters
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2014 :  06:13:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ollie

More bad news for Skye Closings. After many attempts to get paid our earned fee for a closing on 12/18/2013, we just received an e-mail letting us know that they were going to pay us almost half of our agreed fee.

We will no longer accept any assignments from them unless they first deposit our fee in 'Paypal'!

Everyone, I mean everyone needs to be proactive in stopping these kinds of business practices.
Contact the lenders/title companies about people like Skye and let them know about their web reputation. Most honest lenders/title companies are very concerned about their public image and would not knowingly do business with any shady operation.

People who conduct business like this are taking an unfair advantage over reputable companies by being able to offer their services for less because they short change you.

Get proactive!

JMO but I think there's something missing in the telling here - WHY are they only paying you half your fee? Did the loan not fund and that's their terms for non-funded loans? Were there errors? (not accusing, just asking).

If they seriously just decided to only pay half for no apparent reason, I'd be going to title AND filing in small claims court for the full fee plus statutory interest and costs....providing the facts were on my side.

JMO

Linda
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

ollie

Florida
30 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2014 :  04:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More bad news for Skye Closings. After many attempts to get paid our earned fee for a closing on 12/18/2013, we just received an e-mail letting us know that they were going to pay us almost half of our agreed fee.

We will no longer accept any assignments from them unless they first deposit our fee in 'Paypal'!

Everyone, I mean everyone needs to be proactive in stopping these kinds of business practices.
Contact the lenders/title companies about people like Skye and let them know about their web reputation. Most honest lenders/title companies are very concerned about their public image and would not knowingly do business with any shady operation.

People who conduct business like this are taking an unfair advantage over reputable companies by being able to offer their services for less because they short change you.

Get proactive!

Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
67 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  10:03:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just did a signing for them last week. So far they have been awesome. This was a first time doing business with them. I will update you on payment once received.

quote:
Originally posted by a1etron

Just seems like Skye pays whenever they want to I have one now that they have not paid me on since September 17th. I have called and all they do is talk over you when it comes toime to pay. Let me see I was told they have a new system (what ever that means) and some files were not carried over, and that you know how these files go somtimes it takes longer. Longer as in a month and 1/2. They are fairly rude when you call to get paid, but are your best friend when they need you to spend all your money upfront to go to their so important closing. I told them save the stamp use pay pal now I will be paid instantly. Oh no they want to float me 60 days, if I pay a bill one day late, here comes the late fee and ruined credit. I am sure if they keep this up they will be gone before long.

Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2013 :  08:14:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just seems like Skye pays whenever they want to I have one now that they have not paid me on since September 17th. I have called and all they do is talk over you when it comes toime to pay. Let me see I was told they have a new system (what ever that means) and some files were not carried over, and that you know how these files go somtimes it takes longer. Longer as in a month and 1/2. They are fairly rude when you call to get paid, but are your best friend when they need you to spend all your money upfront to go to their so important closing. I told them save the stamp use pay pal now I will be paid instantly. Oh no they want to float me 60 days, if I pay a bill one day late, here comes the late fee and ruined credit. I am sure if they keep this up they will be gone before long.
Go to Top of Page

Gerry

Missouri
10 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2013 :  6:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skye has always treated me well. When on the phone scheduling will
always check to see if have other signings in my area I may be interested in as well.
Payment normally with in 30 days. Plus they send me e-mail alert
when checks are issued.
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2013 :  4:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been noticing a pattern of these signing companies like Skye that USED TO BE quite good low balling signing agents now since they've jumped on board with the N-N-A as a co conspirator to get the cheapest rates from us as possible. The N-N-A sends hoards of agents to them they don't feel they have to pay top fees for and that's the bottom line. They've also been using the N-N-A conferences to promote themselves in the industry.

Mortgage Connect is another example, they are quote demanding of LSA's and were offering $90 including fax backs. I noted all these agencies that go through the N-N-A are definitely treating LSA's like cheap easy w-h-o-r-e-s. Not only that, but Skye Closings began their text cattle calls asking for notary fees so they can choose the cheapest notary.

They can all go to hell. God knows how greedy they are.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  08:28:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've done two closings for Skye recently. Both paid between 30-35 days and met my fee without any question. Never had a problem with them.

Go to Top of Page

TGS1985

California
208 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  1:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit TGS1985's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I signed up with this company after hearing how great they are from several colleagues, however I only have had two experiences with them in the past couple of years and both times were negative.

The first time they contacted me they offered a lower than average fee for the signing, which against my best judgment I accepted, just to be surprised with a fax back request in the email confirmation. When I called back to informed them I would have to include additional fax back fee because the rep fail to mention this requirement on the phone they cancelled on me.

Then they call me this morning low balling me on a signing in a neighboring county. They arm wrestled me so much regarding the fee that I told them forget it and hung up on them.

- Tyler Soares -
Notary Public & Loan Signing Agent
www.mobilestocktonnotary.com
www.saccitynotary.com
Go to Top of Page

pasignag

New York
16 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  08:00:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit pasignag's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very hard to get paid. Will not work for them again.
Had to put hours of extra time into collecting payment.
Go to Top of Page

ALNOTARY

Alabama
50 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  12:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit ALNOTARY's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been working with Skye since 2012. They are great! The whole staff is friendly and professional! They pay promptly and the direct deposit is an added bonus! Thanks Skye!

ALNOTARY
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  11:34:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They may have new management, seems they're changing how they operate which used to be very impressive. I've done a number of signings for them and I really liked them. That's quickly changing however.

Today they texted me an ASAP notary and my fee in San Francisco and within 30 seconds I responded. My message wasn't responded to, neither my emails. I refuse to be summoned this way only for them to ignore me. It's a form of harassment. They can shove their job straight up their tight asses.

Deliberately trying to frustrate us out here too lazy to call around. Skye can go screw themselves. Really pissed off! I responded first, no doubt. Wasting my time, energy. Pain in the rear.

They "cattle call" notaries and pick and choose from the fees we offer for ASAP jobs. All they have to do is choose from SA's profiles on their site they completely ignore preferring this kind of annoying stress filled practice of harassment.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Edited by - notaryslife on 03/06/2013 11:44:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

NF Notary

Florida
3 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2013 :  7:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit NF Notary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I probably shouldn't enter a post right now because i'm so aggravated with Skye closing. They called me for a closing yesterday. I printed docs, confirmed with borrower, drove all the way to the appt and before going in called the borrower who said "we closed at lunch time today". I called Skye Closing and the only thing they said was "you get paid half the fee". Fool me once. Then, today (since it was already scheduled), i drove to an appt for Skye (after confirming yesterday, calling Skye to make sure this one wasn't double-booked, printing docs and driving to appt) and no borrower at home. Called the borrower, who said "oh, we rescheduled". Fool me twice. I won't do another closing for Skye. They are the most unprofessional signing company i've worked for.

Barbara Martin
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  3:29:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CliffSnyman

I finally ended up keeping the appointment, met the borrowers at a local print shop.

The only closings I've done for Skye have been Chase loans. I guess now that I know the game, I can better prepare.

These guys only call me for assignments far away, though :(

I sure hope you price accordingly; that one 2 hours away would have been minimum $300 for me. You figure 4 hours on the road, 1 hours at the table - that's 5 hours you've committed to one signing - NOT counting prep time - and it's 5 hours you can't use for anyone else. Need to get paid appropriately for those.

JMO

Linda
Go to Top of Page

CliffSnyman

Arkansas
2 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  12:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally ended up keeping the appointment, met the borrowers at a local print shop.

The only closings I've done for Skye have been Chase loans. I guess now that I know the game, I can better prepare.

These guys only call me for assignments far away, though :(
Go to Top of Page

Florida
15 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  4:36:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit 398's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I rec'd e invitation to do closings for this company. Never seen anything about them before. They state that they pay in 15 business days,between $90 & 150 depending on travel time, type of closing and method of package. Sounds good to me, but these days I have difficulty beleiving any signing service. Has anyone dealt with them before? I won't register till I hear something from someone, but if not then what the heck, need the $$$$

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.