123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Newbie & Mentoring Section
 National Notary Association
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leeinla

California
21 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  10:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do like the NNA's help line. I think it is a great tool to verify things and to ask questions about different documents from different states. Over the year I came to realize that the NNA is not interested in notaries making a good living in this business. They are only interested in selling you items and selling your name to signing companies that will pay you extremely low fees. I am on the fence about the NNA. Is there an alternative to the National Notary Associaton? I do enjoy being a notary and the experience it gives me to meet different people from different cultures and backgrounds. I just don't think the NNA has our best interest in heart. Let me know if you have any suggestions about finding better notary associations to belong to.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  12:19:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please visit our page for the National Notary Association recommending their supplies and services.

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=758&National+Notary+Association

Go to Top of Page

dennotary

Colorado
5 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  10:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone for all your advice. I have been talking to a lot of notaries in my area and most have been very helpful, I find that I have a lot to learn still. I did appreciate that the NNA offered one-stop-shopping for those of us just starting out, with the background screening, E+O and the certification, but in the future will be looking at other options, I like options. Again, thank you and keep the advice coming. Best of luck to everyone out there.

Go to Top of Page

LadyK

Illinois
10 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  11:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I appreciate the value of professional organizations. They provide a united voice and offer training and support. I will not be renewing my membership in the National Notary Association despite their monthly invoicing for renewal 6 months to two years in advance of expiration. I renewed in 2007 for three years and have received an expiration renewal notice every month for a year. I have complained and their response has been that is how there system is configured. They currently have no record of my membership extending past 2008, though I hold a membership card showing 2010. They are currently discussing my claim and whether or not my membership card (which I faxed to them) is valid. All of their services are available elsewhere and I have never received any work originating from their site. An organization that represents a group of professionals whose job it is to be letter perfect should not have such issues. PS. www.123notary.com rocks!
[/quote]

I agree with you concerning the value of having a national organization whose job is to voice the concerns of notaries, offer training and provide information concerning trends in the industry. But like you said, the NNA is pushy with the membership renewal thing. For example, there is a workshop they are hosting in my home state next month that I would like to attend, but the registration fee includes NNA renewal fees. When I called and told them that my memebrship does not expire until next year, they said there was no way the fee can be deducted, but I can add it on to my current membership.

On the flip side, I have received calls from title companies and signing services and made new clients through their signing agent.com registry.
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  04:46:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dennotary, we all had to start somewhere! Just keep in mind that some organizations will soak you for all the money you are willing to give them, including for things you do not really need, yet they will tell you it's *required*.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

dennotary

Colorado
5 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  11:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carmen, thank you for your advice. At this stage every little bit helps. There is so much more to learn than what the book teaches, in time I'll start to understand it all better.

Stephanie
Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  8:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand what you mean dennotary. The NNA has a 1 stop shopping for all of your notary needs, like here in California the test, the mandatory seminar, supplies, E and O, Bond, etc is in a package deal. I personally just do everything myself individually as copperhead states. It is much cheaper that way. If you need a package deal notaryrotary.com has some package deals that are pretty good. But it will depend on where you live...

Carmen
Go to Top of Page

dennotary

Colorado
5 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  10:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry, I did not mean to confuse you, it's just that I am very new to this field and because I did not want to be competely ignorant of what I am dealing with, I took a course, a test, etc. I also liked the added benefit of the background screening. Anyway, thnx for the advice, anything that anyone can share with me in the way of knowledge of how this industry works is greatly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  03:38:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
<< Does anyone know where besides them that one renews their NSA when commision expires? >>

I don't understand what you mean by this... You apply through your own state for your notary commission or renewal. Look up your state website and there will be info about how to apply along with any forms you need.

If you are referring to E&O insurance, you can buy that at many other places or you can also buy from the NNA without being a member of their organization. If you are referring to obtaining a "Signing Agent" certification, that is not necessary to successfully work as a notary who signs loans.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

dennotary

Colorado
5 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  10:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am also a member of the NNA and when I called inquiring about the trusted enrollment agent training course, about 3-4 months ago, they informed me that program was not up and running as of yet and they did not know when it would be, why do they advertise it so hard. I also get mail stating that my membership is due for renewal, it is not till September, and I do not think that I will renew either. Does anyone know where besides them that one renews their NSA when commision expires?
Go to Top of Page

Oregon Notary

Oregon
10 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  10:39:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Oregon Notary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amsigning

Our company has been a member of both the National Notary Association and National Signing Agent Association for several years now. I was wondering if anyone knew how reputable this organization is due to the downfall of the real estate market. Our membership is up for renewal and was wondering if it is even worth paying the renewal fees. It seems like every newsletter I get from this organization it is either about trying to get people to sign up for the NNA conference, enotarization, or signing up for a new course called a trusted enrollment agent. Is anyone even getting orders for a trusted enrollment agent?

I appreciate the value of professional organizations. They provide a united voice and offer training and support. I will not be renewing my membership in the National Notary Association despite their monthly invoicing for renewal 6 months to two years in advance of expiration. I renewed in 2007 for three years and have received an expiration renewal notice every month for a year. I have complained and their response has been that is how there system is configured. They currently have no record of my membership extending past 2008, though I hold a membership card showing 2010. They are currently discussing my claim and whether or not my membership card (which I faxed to them) is valid. All of their services are available elsewhere and I have never received any work originating from their site. An organization that represents a group of professionals whose job it is to be letter perfect should not have such issues. PS. www.123notary.com rocks!
Go to Top of Page

joanbergst

California
360 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  8:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit joanbergst's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am am a member of the NNA & NSA and there are parts of their organization that I like. However, I have gotten 1 notary job/signing/etc in the last 2 years from their website. Not a good choice to advertise on in my opinion.

www.123notary is the only marketing website to get loan signing jobs and this is also my personal opinion.

I do get loan signing assignments from www.notarycafe.com and I pay $24.95 to be listed in 5 zip codes.

Anyone else have a website to advertise on to loan signing work?

Joan Bergstrom
24/7 To Riverside & San Bernardino Counties.
State Notary exam teacher for www.notaryclasses.com
www.joanbergstromnotarypublic.com
joan.bergstrom@yahoo.com
Cell: 951-522-4919
Go to Top of Page

BobbiCT

Connecticut
135 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  10:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit BobbiCT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I has my NNA NSA CBC certified listing I received ONE call from their site ... and the scheduler wouldn't go higher than $65 for eDocs (remember, the NNA "recommends" $65 as the standard fee for an NNA NSA CBC signing agent).

Now that I am still on the list, but de-certified (many years of real estate experience, CT real estate law CLE every few months, and apparently under the NNA rules my brain automatically stopped working on the NNA's expiration date) and de-background checks, I received ONE call. The call was because I was 1) close, 2) the certified NSA CBC people called had all turned the assignment down, and 3) it was eDocs that had to close in 30 minutes that was a 40 minute drive from my home for $85 (she was willing to go higher than $75 because time was running short). I didn't take it.

Bobbi in CT
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  04:14:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My own personal experience...

I've had no calls for TEA assignments despite the reported "rush" of jobs to come (no harm, no foul as the training was free)..and I personally don't expect to receive any from them after October as that's when my BGC expires and I'll not be having it done again (at least not through the NNA)...

As to the reliability of their info, I have no faith...I've found several errors in their Notary Law Primer - enough that I threw my primer away - I rely on my Florida handbook and the advice of fellow notaries whose expertise I trust.

As to their NSA section I've not received an assignment from that listing in a very long time - I let my membership there lapse as of the end of July - have to weed out the non-productive listings.

So, in summary, for me the membership was helpful in getting my notary commission here in Florida and getting me up and running - beyond that I've had no use for it.

Hope this helps.

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

amsigning

Kentucky
18 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  8:47:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit amsigning's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our company has been a member of both the National Notary Association and National Signing Agent Association for several years now. I was wondering if anyone knew how reputable this organization is due to the downfall of the real estate market. Our membership is up for renewal and was wondering if it is even worth paying the renewal fees. It seems like every newsletter I get from this organization it is either about trying to get people to sign up for the NNA conference, enotarization, or signing up for a new course called a trusted enrollment agent. Is anyone even getting orders for a trusted enrollment agent?

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.