123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Lenders First Choice - Problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

heniochus

Tennessee
14 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  11:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit heniochus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
how do we obtain the claim form?
quote:
Originally posted by little5327

United States Bankruptcy Court
District of Colorado

Mercury Company, Inc
Case # 08-23125
Tax ID 84-1008321

Meeting of Creditors on 10/10/2008.

* COMPLETE A PROOF OF CLAIM (can get from the website)

* Attach copies of supporting documents such as invoices or closing confirmations. DO NOT SEND THE ORIGINALS.

To receive a an acknowledgement of the filing of your claim please enclose a stamped , self-addressed envelope and copy of your proof of claim.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Colorado
2 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  11:36:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
United States Bankruptcy Court - District of Colorado
721 19th St
Denver, CO 80202-2508
(720) 904-7300

Call the trustee and they will send you a proof of clain via email.
Go to Top of Page

heniochus

Tennessee
14 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  11:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit heniochus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What website do we use for the proof of claim form?

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Colorado
2 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  5:43:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
United States Bankruptcy Court
District of Colorado

Mercury Company, Inc
Case # 08-23125
Tax ID 84-1008321

Meeting of Creditors on 10/10/2008.

* COMPLETE A PROOF OF CLAIM (can get from the website)

* Attach copies of supporting documents such as invoices or closing confirmations. DO NOT SEND THE ORIGINALS.

To receive a an acknowledgement of the filing of your claim please enclose a stamped , self-addressed envelope and copy of your proof of claim.
Go to Top of Page

heniochus

Tennessee
14 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2008 :  10:58:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit heniochus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
THE PARENT COMPANY IS MERCURY COMPANY IN DENVER,CO. LENDER'S FIRST CHOICE IS OUT OF BUSINESS & HAS FILED FOR BANKRUPT STATUS. THEIR EMPLOYEES WERE NOT PAIED FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS OF WORK. THEY OWE MILLIONS TO VARIOUS COMPANIES, SUPPLIERS AND NOTARIES. YOU CAN CONTACT MERCURY AT:
1515 ARAPAHOE TOWER 1
SUITE 1400
DENVER, CO 80202
I LOOKS LIKE ONCE AGAIN THE NOTARIES HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE ROYAL SCREW. I AM NOW SITTING ON 5 CLOSINGS WHICH THE COMPANIES ARE OUT OF BUSINESS. ONE BY ONE THEY ADD UP QUICKLY.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

2 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  12:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone has the bankruptcy filing information, such as the jurisdiction and case number, please post it so people can make their claims. My discussions with First American lead me to believe that although bankruptcy is coming, it has not yet been filed. This may be incorrect though.
Go to Top of Page

Tennessee
8 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  07:21:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit 10014's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I to have not been paid, the web site> http://www.lendersfc.com/
says to contact;

Patty and Jerry Hauptman. They can be reached at:

1501 Wazee St Apt 14 C

Denver, Co. 80202-1376

303-893-0663 .

Penny Bowhall
Rockin Double B Services
PO Box 363
Thompson’s Station, TN 37179
Cell 615-400-012
PennyCan@bellsouth.net
http://www.southernhorseproperties.com/Rockin_Double_B_Services.html
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  7:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They've filed bankruptcy. Everyone is SOL for a year or two. Expect 0 to 10 cents on the dollar. The lawyers get paid very well, tho'.

Go to Top of Page

DChambers1123

Arizona
27 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  1:39:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit DChambers1123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Their website indicate where to direct your inquiries.

www.lendersfc.com

Go to Top of Page

vkniffin

Florida
5 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  1:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit vkniffin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To Ladyhawke910:

Do you have the third party phone/fax numbers?? Have you had any success??

Thank you!
Valerie

Go to Top of Page

active

Virginia
38 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  12:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems that LFC started sending out bounced checks the last week of July. I got one to and I think so did every other notary that got a check around the same time. I hate to say it but we notaries are going to take it in the shorts from these guys.
quote:
Originally posted by suzannear

LFC owes me $90 -- glad it's not more. For some strange reason, they sent me a check for $25, I thought just miscalculated and tried to call -- got no answer on the numbers I had. I decided to just deposit the $25 and try to reach them for the balance, the $25 check bounced. No success contacting anyone.

Is there wind of any other companies in this situation? I have the list of LFC affiliates.

Suzanne

Go to Top of Page

suzannear

Arkansas
2 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  09:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit suzannear's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LFC owes me $90 -- glad it's not more. For some strange reason, they sent me a check for $25, I thought just miscalculated and tried to call -- got no answer on the numbers I had. I decided to just deposit the $25 and try to reach them for the balance, the $25 check bounced. No success contacting anyone.

Is there wind of any other companies in this situation? I have the list of LFC affiliates.

Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Michigan
2 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  6:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A check bounced that they had sent me. I called a direct line for the settlement officer and the message stated that she no longer worked there and that LFC had closed it doors and it was stated that I contact Mercury on any problems. I then called Mercury and was given another number and that person gave me another number and that number gave me a fax to send my copy of the bounced check. I never had any problem before this incident and always was paid within a 2 week period. Hopefully a response will be given to this fax I had sent to a third party.

Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  7:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did 2 signings for them last month, 7/1 and 7/23. I haven't been paid for either one and can't get through to any of the numbers. I the past they paid fairly quickly so looks like this is another "no pay" which seems to be happening more and more frequently. I am fed up, and from now on I am going to insist on being paid through escrow for my services or I won't accept the signing. I am going to contact our legislators and see if we can't get some kind of bill that can ensure our payments! The signing companies are taking our money while we're out the printing/gas/daycare expenses! Like I said, I'm fed up!

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Florida
4 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  09:57:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've done many signings for LFC and was always paid within a week to 10 days. I did 2 signings last month and have been trying to reach them. I got an email about 2 weeks ago saying they were cutting me a check and I should be getting it in a week. Well I'm still waiting. When you call any of their phone numbers, the line is a constant busy signal. When I called the contact on one of the signings, her phone just rings.
If they have gone out of business, it's pretty bad when they leave us just hanging not knowing what's going on and if we will be paid or not. The last 2 signings were only for $40 each as they were for signing only a couple of documents.
I wish us all luck in getting paid.

Deborah
Go to Top of Page

lildeb1951

Arizona
32 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  08:01:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit lildeb1951's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a cell phone for one of the LFC escrow officers and spoke with her on Tuesday. She confirmed they are out of business and stated the parent company Mercury was filing bankruptcy. She was hoping LFC would be picked up by another company and she said I should get paid, eventually. Fortunately, I only have one outstanding invoice with them.
Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  07:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In yesterdays Orlando Sentinel Business section there was a report about LFC closing it Orlando operations and laying off 70+ employees. The report said LFC closed for good and Mercury was also closing all it offices. Log on to Orlandosentinel.com and I am sure you can find the report.

Ed

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@embarqmail.com
Go to Top of Page

2awnry2

Utah
7 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  7:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit 2awnry2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lenders First Choice has several locations throughout different states and their corporate branch is in California. Personally have worked with them for several years and was quite confused and concerned when i was awaiting the usual phone call that docs were ready for print for a set scheduled appointment time that evening. After several phone calls to LFC and the borrower, none were returned. I'am personally concerned due to several hundreds of dollars in invoices between July and August that are outstanding. Though, after calling a direct line resource to my usual contact with LFC it is noted that my contact has a different ending to their voicemail stating "Security National". So, i too am hopeing that there is future financial backup soon for all of us concerned. LFC's website is still up and functional even though no official receptionist answers calls thus far. So, again hope this is only a temporary set back an LFC/Security National gets back on their feet again. Would love to continue business with them in the future if possible. Time will tell all, as usual.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Tennessee
2 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  12:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its been awhie but I did a refi 3/24/08 got paid 4/5/08 check went thru fine. Haven't done any work for them lately.
Go to Top of Page

New Jersey
6 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  4:31:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did 2 closings on 7/15 and 7/19...for $90.00 and $150.00 I;ll give it a month, but my gut feeling is not good...I have gotten paid in the past.

Edited by - 6538 on 08/04/2008 4:33:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  11:58:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They and the list of affiliates provided below are OUT OF BUSINESS.
Bankruptcy not filed yet, but I expect it will be soon. Not sure how this affects the affiliates, but use caution, hey?

Go to Top of Page

pktee

Wyoming
8 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  8:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit pktee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Received check from LFC on Friday, July 18, took to bank to cash. Contacted LFC bank to see if check had cleared. LFC bank stated that the check had cleared their bank on 7/29.

Hope that helps.

Go to Top of Page

lildeb1951

Arizona
32 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  3:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit lildeb1951's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately you are seeing the right red flags. On another discussion board I saw the following so I emailed my contact at ART. She confirmed the rumor but said they were in working trying to take care of clients and hoping to get picked up by another company. I guess we have to wait and see if we get paid and be patient.
Here's the list posted from the other message board:
I know there are different divisions and locations so it may not be inclusive of all TC's but is anyone experiencing problems getting paid with any of them?
American Heritage Title Agency, Inc.
Arizona Title Agency, Inc.
Financial Title Company
First American Heritage Title Company
Guardian Mortgage Documents, Inc.
Investors Title Company
Lender's First Choice Agency, Inc.
dba Lenders Choice Title Company in California
includes All Reverse Title in several states
Mercury Exchange, Inc
Mercury Settlement Services, Inc.
Mercury Settlement Services of Utah
Mercury Transaction Services, Inc.
Security Title Guaranty Co.
Title America, Inc.
Title Guaranty Agency of Arizona, Inc.
Title Guaranty Agency of Colorado, Inc.
United Title Company, Inc.
United Title of Texas
USA Digital Solutions, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

vkniffin

Florida
5 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  2:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit vkniffin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am seeing red flags regarding Lenders First Choice (LFC). Their check bounced ($130), and I was able to speak with someone 2 days ago, who played it up very well . . . couldn't match up the check number, said it was very strange, and had to have someone research it. All very professional. However, since yesterday (7/31) I have not been able to get through ANY of the phone numbers (4 different cities, including tech support). I faxed them for a follow-up yesterday (which went through), but they have not responded.

Has anyone else had a similar experience??

Thanks.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.