123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Service Link
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 3 people liked this post.2 people disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

JoniSchmidt

Texas
17 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  08:46:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you think, now that they swallowed up another $125/closing company (ULS)?

Joni Schmidt
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  8:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used to love it when a company would negotiate the fee with me , agree on it, then say 'could you do it for $5 or$10. less'? My stock answer is "WHY"? then shut up.
Go to Top of Page

AKnotary

Alaska
36 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2016 :  10:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree---stand your ground on your fee! I don't quibble on my fee.

I used to do a lot of business with ServiceLink, but not so much now, mostly because I'm not their lowest paid NSA in my area. I have periodically checked with their Vendor Management team on where I stand with my fee structure. This knowledge does give me leverage, because I know that by the time they call me, they could not place the order with other NSA's in my area. I also know at this point I can increase my fee slightly.

Servicelink is notorious for last minute doc delivery. I always ask for the docs at least 6 hours prior to signing time, and I start calling for the docs 4 hours prior to signing time. If I don't have them at least 2 hours prior, I automatically call to re-schedule. I'm done scrambling for ServiceLink at the last minute.

ServiceLink does not pay for a fax back, but often don't tell you up front if the order requires a fax back. If they do disclose it, I ask for a higher fee without saying it is a fax back fee. Here is my reasoning: their employees are being paid for the time they take to scan or fax, and so we as NSA's should be paid for our time and expense as well. $10 doesn't begin to cover the time and cost, especially since their fax instructions often show 2 different fax numbers.

When I get the doc package and see that a fax back is required, on the day of signing I call and ask for an additional $10, and typically I get it.

I pull the order confirmation and their docs from their website, and I report the signing complete on their website--which is clunky at best.

ServiceLink is not my favorite company by a long shot, but I will continue to do work with them as long as they agree to a reasonable fee.

Vicki Kluever
Palmer, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2016 :  08:20:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those of us who have banking, real estate, lending experience and who have signed at least 1,000 loans and or have a low error rate must STICK TO YOUR FEE_ you have earned that right.
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2016 :  08:04:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I work for them occasionally when they pay my fee. I am getting paid quickly. As long as those 2 things happen and no last minute goof ups, I am ok. After a company explains the details of the functions and services they want performed, I tell them I set my own fees, docs must arrive by a certain time or I will automatically cancel.
Go to Top of Page

bob541@roadrunner.com

Idaho
3 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  7:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone getting more then their stated $82 fee for a local signing with e-docs? How about a fax back fee?

Robert S. Silva
Go to Top of Page

lindamcbee

Ohio
13 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2016 :  12:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit lindamcbee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone received your new rating from ServiceLink?

Go to Top of Page

dhelmic2

Mississippi
28 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2015 :  08:14:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit dhelmic2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love working for ServiceLink. I did a closing yesterday for them and I received the documents more than 2 hours prior to closing.
Go to Top of Page

JoniSchmidt

Texas
17 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2015 :  05:07:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone here ever receive docs from ServiceLink more than 2 hours before the closing? Recently (in the past 6-8 months), no matter how often I tell them I need docs more than 2 hours before the scheduled closing, I receive 1) no response, and 2) no docs. Then poof, exactly 2 hours before the appointment, a secure e-mail with docs appears in my Inbox.

Today, I will have to travel about 40 miles out of my way to come back to my office to print docs for this closing. Totally frustrating. Thinking about only doing local closings for them from now on. Or charging way more than they want to pay to go to the boonies.
Go to Top of Page

RRusto

New York
6 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  1:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always finding invoicing, as well as reporting closings extremely difficult if not outright impossible using ServiceLink's various code systems and encryption functions. Usually just reply to specific individuals via email instead. I do find company good to work for, and decent pay (over $110 in most cases) per signing. ServiceLink is one of my best clients.

Robert H. Ruston
Go to Top of Page

maggieost

5 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2014 :  04:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit maggieost's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I took your information that was posted for invoicing to service link. still nothing and my quickbooks is showing they over $1600 for the last year and more. unfortunately this has been the only time things have been slow enough to have a chance to go back thru old invoices. i just sent another email to the person who is to be in charge of this and i am hoping maybe she will reply. when i call i get voicemail and never a call back. I am no longer taking S/L as their customer service to the people who hold some of these loans together sucks. I have been with S/L for years, when they were actually paying $90.00 a closing, and now $57.00. after printing and driving and time used you are making roughtly $25. to maybe $30.00 a closing. to much stress as this point and they have no follow thru unless it reflects back on them. to bad these people used to be my biggest account and i closed well over $800 per month. no longer

quote:
Originally posted by Lee-AR

It's complicated, but it works!

All orders that are eight digits long and that do not have a dash sign in it are vision orders. These orders need to be statused and e-invoiced online by you for payment. This is a two-step process done for each order. If you send them on a monthly billing statement, the vision orders will not get processed. Bank of America orders do not get statused online but they still need to be e-invoiced. Below are the website instructions that will help you complete this process for all future orders. These orders are pulled once a week, usually on Thursday mornings, to process and the turnaround time can be up to 10-14 business days. Please do not e-invoice the orders again if they are not paid the first time that you bill us for them. You can contact us in vendor billing so that we can look into the orders to fix them. Any billing questions can be sent to vendorbilling@servicelinkfnf.com.

Orders that have a dash sign in them are sent in at the end of the month on a monthly billing statement. If the order number has seven digits before the dash sign, they are ServiceLink orders. If the order number has six digits before the dash sign, they are NationalLink orders. You can email these to vendorbilling@servicelinkfnf.com or fax them to 866-834-7479. Please remember to separate NationalLink orders from ServiceLink orders and put them on their own billing statement.

ServiceLink (Vision)

•Your vendor number for these types of orders is (your vendor #)
•Your temporary User ID is (your vendor #)
•Your temporary Password is (your vendor#ST)2 letter state abbreviation (Author's Note: you may have to contact Vendor Billing to get this set up the first time.)
•Once you logon to enter a closing update or e-invoice for the first time, you will immediately be prompted to change this information to your own custom User ID and Password.
•The statusing and E-Invoicing processes listed below are for all ServiceLink orders that have 8 digits.

Statusing Process:
• Go to www.servicelinkfnf.com
• At the top right click “login”
• Scroll down to “former ATM vendor’s login here”
• On the left side choose “enter a closing update”
• Enter your username & password
• Enter the order# & follow the prompts
• At this time you are not to status Bank of America closings. The closing coordinators will be responsible for statusing. Once the order is statused, you are responsible to e-invoice the order for payment the next day. Failure to follow this process will delay your payment.

Invoicing Process:
• These orders must be e- invoiced on the ServiceLink website. They cannot be submitted on a paper statement.
• At the top right click “login”.
• Scroll down to “former ATM vendor’s login here”.
• On the left side choose “Enter an E-Invoice”.
• Enter your username & password.
• A box with vendor information will come up, you cannot enter any information into this box and this does not affect your invoice.
• Click on the Enter Invoice button.
• Enter order number and fee.
Invoiced orders will appear on the bottom of the screen and stay there until Accounting pulls them for processing. You must click on "Print Invoice" to submit these for payment. Processing is done weekly every Thursday for these orders.

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.

Maggie Ostergard
Go to Top of Page

Kaye08

Arkansas
12 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2014 :  07:05:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I got a update stating Servicelink has changed their print fee from $15.00 to $12.00. In the future if you agree to take a closing you will agree to be paid the 12.00 for printing docs. They keep lowering their fees, but the other problem I have is the confirmations. I bet since 2005 I have had less than 5 overnight packages from them but they always send over the confirmation as they will overnight docs. Then I have to stay on top of them to make sure I get a updated confirmation showing print fee and if you update status of closing on their site without this, it will delay your payment. ServiceLink is one of my biggest clients I work for and I like this company, but you just have to put up with a lot. I did get a letter from them and a $40.00 check, which was nice.

Sharon
Go to Top of Page

arlenemills

Florida
15 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2013 :  07:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also received that same letter. I love working for ServiceLink, and it was nice getting a letter of recognition. I would have been happy with just the letter to recognize my services, so the $40 was just icing on the cake.

You rock ServiceLink!

Arlene Mills

arlene mills
Go to Top of Page

notarybill

California
24 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2013 :  4:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SL has a long list here on 123, you guys that love them now may want to research a little. $$100 from SL for a signing??? was that three loan packages, same address.
Your $40.00 is to keep you working for them cause nobody else wants too.
I posted a couple of years back almost word for word about the "oh your fees are too high" phone calls. Funny on the HUDs it still shows they are getting $200.00per.
Go to Top of Page

Connecticut
10 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2013 :  2:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit 1578's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For all of you who have had a bad experience with Service Link please read on:

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday, when in the mail I received a check for $40.00 and a lovely letter expressing their gratitude for a job well done. Apparently a borrower was very pleased and as a result they are "recognizing me for performing at a high level" "Because of my dedication to excellence and as a sign of their appreciation" they awarded me a bonus of $40.00 This is the first time in 13 years that I have ever received a "bonus" of any kind from any company. I thought I would share this with all of you.

Go to Top of Page

apoling78

Tennessee
2 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  2:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit apoling78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ServiceLink is great!

Edited by - apoling78 on 05/07/2013 1:54:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

patlynnw

New York
21 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2013 :  4:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely HATE this company. Did a job for them in October 2012 and have been getting the runaround ever since!! Daily emails to vendor billing is not helping and just wasting my time.

Patricia Warmack
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  03:22:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's complicated, but it works!

All orders that are eight digits long and that do not have a dash sign in it are vision orders. These orders need to be statused and e-invoiced online by you for payment. This is a two-step process done for each order. If you send them on a monthly billing statement, the vision orders will not get processed. Bank of America orders do not get statused online but they still need to be e-invoiced. Below are the website instructions that will help you complete this process for all future orders. These orders are pulled once a week, usually on Thursday mornings, to process and the turnaround time can be up to 10-14 business days. Please do not e-invoice the orders again if they are not paid the first time that you bill us for them. You can contact us in vendor billing so that we can look into the orders to fix them. Any billing questions can be sent to vendorbilling@servicelinkfnf.com.

Orders that have a dash sign in them are sent in at the end of the month on a monthly billing statement. If the order number has seven digits before the dash sign, they are ServiceLink orders. If the order number has six digits before the dash sign, they are NationalLink orders. You can email these to vendorbilling@servicelinkfnf.com or fax them to 866-834-7479. Please remember to separate NationalLink orders from ServiceLink orders and put them on their own billing statement.

ServiceLink (Vision)

•Your vendor number for these types of orders is (your vendor #)
•Your temporary User ID is (your vendor #)
•Your temporary Password is (your vendor#ST)2 letter state abbreviation (Author's Note: you may have to contact Vendor Billing to get this set up the first time.)
•Once you logon to enter a closing update or e-invoice for the first time, you will immediately be prompted to change this information to your own custom User ID and Password.
•The statusing and E-Invoicing processes listed below are for all ServiceLink orders that have 8 digits.

Statusing Process:
• At the top right click “login”
• Scroll down to “former ATM vendor’s login here”
• On the left side choose “enter a closing update”
• Enter your username & password
• Enter the order# & follow the prompts
• At this time you are not to status Bank of America closings. The closing coordinators will be responsible for statusing. Once the order is statused, you are responsible to e-invoice the order for payment the next day. Failure to follow this process will delay your payment.

Invoicing Process:
• These orders must be e- invoiced on the ServiceLink website. They cannot be submitted on a paper statement.
• At the top right click “login”.
• Scroll down to “former ATM vendor’s login here”.
• On the left side choose “Enter an E-Invoice”.
• Enter your username & password.
• A box with vendor information will come up, you cannot enter any information into this box and this does not affect your invoice.
• Click on the Enter Invoice button.
• Enter order number and fee.
Invoiced orders will appear on the bottom of the screen and stay there until Accounting pulls them for processing. You must click on "Print Invoice" to submit these for payment. Processing is done weekly every Thursday for these orders.

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.

Edited by - Lee-AR on 03/16/2013 03:24:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

peanut20

Minnesota
38 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  3:54:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else had problems with signings cancelling with no notice from ServiceLink ? I have done a dozen or so signings a month for over a year or so with no problems, now I will get an assignment and no docs will come and I will call customer to see if they have heard anything and they will say B of A has rescheduled and nothing from title to me about it. Also there payment timing has gotten much worse, I now have to contact vendor billing several times to get paid. But the assignments from the 4000 Industrial Blvd office go off without a hitch. Just wondering if its just me or anyone else out there is having the same problems...

john
Go to Top of Page

ddpic

Arkansas
8 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  09:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have worked with Servicelink for years. They send me about half of my business. They pay me weekly. Occasionally I will have one that falls between the cracks and it may take a couple of weeks to get it straightened out and then they send payment. I get frustrated with them sometimes too, but from what I have heard they are swamped. I hate the long waits on hold when you try to reach someone. They seem to have a big turnover.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

13 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  8:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your reply. I like your process and will follow suit from now on. Great advice!!!
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  3:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Abby13

That's a great policy, but these were all within a short period of time. Would you still hold to your policy even under those conditions?

Absolutely, and it HAS happened more than once. The discussion always goes similar to this. Don't you trust us? It's not a matter of trust. Lehman Brothers was much bigger than you and folded owing me for work I did for them processing Apostilles for international transactions. I'm not really keen on "do now get paid later" but I have extended you the courtesy of three job credit. If you wish me to accept a fourth job please pay the outstanding balance NOW to my PayPal account. It runs about 25% make the payment, the rest find someone else. Both actions are fine with me. I am not a bank.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com

Edited by - edelske on 02/17/2013 5:04:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Michigan
3 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  3:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I been stiffed as well here is my letter to Michelle
I read a disturbing blog from numerous fellow notaries this past weekend which concerns me regarding Service Link and your name was included in the blogs, as well. It seems Service Link has been avoiding paying notaries and a number of notaries list you as a contact they made to resolve their past due invoices as such as I did. How sad that you can reply to everyone with the same answer as I was sent, "...you should receive check beginning of next week'" It is obvious you are sending out a generic email! How long is Service Link going to play the non-payment game? Service Link promotes itself as a professional signing company, outstanding in customer service. The bottom line is someone at Service Link needs to step up to the plate and make amends with the notaries on the past due payments. What would be disheartening to me as an employee, as yourself, is to receive email after email with the same content and you, Michelle give the same reply. If it was me, I would distance myself from the disgrace Service Link has made you apart of, or have the gutts and speak up for notaries being stiffed. Otherwise, you are as dishonest as your employer!!!
Go to Top of Page

NotarySharon

Missouri
26 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  10:30:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit NotarySharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I ran into a very similar problem with Service Link. Their system is complicated, especially if, like me, you have two ID's with them. (One is because I was an ATM notary and also a Service Link notary before Service Link bought ATM) For anyone having trouble getting paid, and not getting anywhere telephoning, here is an email contact for Jennifer Swoope, who is Manager in the Closing Agent Vendor Management: jennifer.swoope@servicelinkfnf.com.
She was very helpful to me in getting all my logins, passwords, etc sorted out, and initiated a request to get all my back bills paid. After she got involved, I got paid for all that they owed me very quickly. haven't had problems since.
Sharon Hopkins
Missouri

quote:
Originally posted by Abby13

I have done almost 50 closings for Service Link, and up until November 2012, they had been wonderful. They paid well and within a reasonable time. Now suddenly I'm dealing with 11 unpaid invoices, faxes and phone calls which are not responded to, and managers that don't answer their phones no matter what time or day I call. I don't know what is going on with them!!! Has anyone else experienced this major change??

Sharon Hopkins
Go to Top of Page

n/a

13 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  09:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a great policy, but these were all within a short period of time. Would you still hold to your policy even under those conditions?
Go to Top of Page

marciaday

Utah
7 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  9:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit marciaday's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are these guys reputable? Just wondering?
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.