123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 Best info for foreclosure pic taking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  6:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cathy, sounds like a company in TN that works directly for NCCI, he promises big bucks and delivers pennies -- he wouldn't pay me until I threatened to report him to NCCI and the DA.

I agree doing inspections directly for the company is best -- even though the $ are generally low pay, you can often times do them on the way to the grocery store or another signing you have.

Go to Top of Page

Cathy

Arkansas
16 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  2:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cathy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been doing inspections for several years. You just have to be careful who you work for. Working directly for the company is the best. If you work for someone contracted with the company, you may never get paid. The guy I worked for owes me over $600 which I will never get. It is from January, and it just burns me up everytime I think about it.

Cathy Minor
Go to Top of Page

dionaea

Tennessee
21 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  06:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit dionaea's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To resize photos for emailing, I've been using PIXresizer for years as it's not only free but it's also a small program that sits on your desktop and is simple and easy to use. I load the photos onto my computer in a file with a descriptive name, i.e. Jones property 4-11-12, and set up a second file with the same name followed by resized, i.e. Jones property resized 4-11-12. Call up PIXresizer, browse to the file of photos or the individual photo you want resized in one box, browse to the file where you want the resized photo(s) saved, and then select how you want them to be resized from the menu. Click on the button to process the photos, and you're done in a blink of an eye.

Go to Top of Page

lkassis

Iowa
60 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  06:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The inspection companies I have worked for all have websites where you upload the pics. Sending pics by email would be tedious. You would only be able to send one or two per email.

Linda Kassis
United Notary Association (UNAA)
www.unitednotaries.org
www.halitek.com

If you are not riding the wave of change, you may find yourself under it. Ride the wave with the UNAA.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  12:16:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What type of internet connection do you have? Sometimes you need a particular email provider that efficiently handles large jobs and a good connection. Otherwise, you could resize pictures so the pixel quantity is less. You can also send less pics per email to lighten the load. Experience really comes into play here as there is so much to know. I'd like to see notaries doing some of this work so they have backup.
Go to Top of Page

jackhai

Oregon
Uruguay
6 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  02:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit jackhai's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I signed up with fastsnaps, next a.m., got a job, but was cheap even with a given choice of taking extra shot. I screwed up job because I couldn't get photos to send thru internet (alright, so I'm not a computer whiz); but signings have picked up a bit.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  6:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just be sure to understand what you sign! And have insurance for when you make a mistake.
ken
Go to Top of Page

Jwood1951

Arkansas
6 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  07:05:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jwood1951's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hypayers
Can you tell me more about REO's. Can you name some companies to contact? What kinds of things do they normally need?

jycmba
I would like to know more about mystery shopping. I can't seem to find anything legitimate. How do you go about it? Is the pay worth it?

Go to Top of Page

Jwood1951

Arkansas
6 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  06:57:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jwood1951's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Really really appreciate all the info about field inspections. I have just recently started in the business so can use all the help I can get. I have done a few commercial inspections (Vision Complaince) and several drive bys (Fidelity National Field Services). Any suggestions for other companies would be appreciated or ideas of making extra $$$ when signings are slow.
Go to Top of Page

vince

Kansas
324 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  10:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit vince's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jbelmont

I hope everybody thinks this string is useful.

No, not everyone that is involved with loan signings is doing this. But, many are so it has potential for those that are also performing this service or are interested in the possibilities. That and this is the “free for all” section.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  12:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope everybody thinks this string is useful.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  1:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here are all the best posts for information about foreclosure picture taking that we got as of Feb 01, 2008.

hpayers writes:
REO is very lucrative. Taking photos and doing other task can earn a very good extra income.. A REO is a REAL ESTATE OWNED Bank owned property that has to be sold as quick as possible. 90day s or less the banks like. So they are priced aggressivly. REO's photos can pay 25-50 dollors and there are other task the agents need help with. Some agents have over 100 listings... Alot of work but can make good money

jbelmont writes:
I heard from a notary there is a company called Safeguard Title or Safeguard properties in Brooklyn that has foreclosure picture taking work. Let me know if they are any good. Its a two person operation I hear. I also heard its bad to do the pictures while the residents are home because they might get mad since you would be associated with the people kicking them out.

beccafla writes:
Here's a company looking for Field Service Reps. Nationwide. For a list of companies hiring Field Inspectors, you can check out my website. http://floridasnotary.com/fieldinspectorlist.aspx

Information Resources, Inc. (IRI) is a leader in the
market research that provides research and industry
solutions with in the retail Industry.

I know some hate fastsnap, but I really like them. I've figured out how to bump up a $10 job to a $13 job darn near every time and I like the on time paychecks. I've worked for Clear Capital for over a year and wish I could catch more biz from them.

Sorry to hear the T-mobile thing didn't work out. The nice thing about being an independent contractor is the fact that we can refuse to work with certain irritable human beings if we see fit. Piss Ants, as my dear Grandmother calls them, are everywhere. I was unfortunate enough to encounter one today.

http://floridasnotary.com/fieldinspectorlist.aspx

crazylady916 writes:
Thanks to all for the links to the other sites for inspections. I already work for clearcapital although they haven't emailed me in a long time.

I have been doing Chases for www.nationalcreditors.com . There is a test and some paperwork to get started, but they pay $25 a job and I have been making about $200 a month for them almost immediately. They pay by direct deposit, and there's about a 2 week delay for payment. Not too bad IMO. Another thing I like is my girlfriend tried to sign up with them, and they told her they already had someone. Hehe. Nice to know they aren't giving me competition. I hired her as a subcontractor if I can't do one they send me, I send her.

msc5866 writes:
I have been doing foreclosures inspections since 2001, about the same time I became a notary loan signing agent. When I began doing loan signings I was only getting calls from around the 15th until the end of the month. The first two weeks of the month I had no work. It was then that I searched and joined a yahoo group called field reps needed. I saw an ad for foreclosure inspectors, no experience needed, we train. I responded and we did online, teleconference training and I had to go to Atlanta and get training from HUD. I now attend HUD training once a year in Atlanta. I then joined SOFI (www.sofi.us) and ordered their field inspectors directory and signup with every company I could. I did commercial inspections for www.officetiger.com which I quit doing due to low pay for jobs. The most I got for a commerical inspection (hotel) was $2,000 but it was in the Virgin Islands (tough job) Then after doing several hundreds of inspections I applied to be a REAC inspector for HUD. This is multi-family housing that is HUD subsidized. Low income goverment housing. I was accepted for the training that was in Washington, DC. The training was 5 days. Training was free but you had to pay for your hotel and airfare, meals, etc. and it was not cheap. Training started on Monday and you got your first test on Tuesday, if
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.