Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs

Resources > Glossary > Down Payment

Glossary of Notary Public, Mortgage, Signing Agent, and Loan Signing Terms.

0-9  A  B  C  [D]  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z  
Common Terms 1   Common Terms 2

Down Payment

Function: noun

Definition 1:
The portion of the purchase price of a property that the buyer pays in cash and does not finance with a mortgage. A down payment of at least 20% is necessary to avoid paying PMI private mortgage insurance. Some borrowers elect to get a double mortgage ( piggy back mortgage or combo loan ) where one mortgage covers 80% of the purchase price and a second mortgage covers part or all of the remaining 20%.

Thesaurus / Related Terms
Payment Letter to Borrowers
Private Mortgage Insurance
Piggy Back Mortgage